Tips/Buying a TV

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
My flat Samsung TV is on it's way to TV heaven. The monitor has been discontinued by the manufacturer.

The insurance company is giving me a voucher worth €1. 047 to go towards a new set. I have an appointment tomorrow morning with the shop and was wondering whether anyone has any tips on how to choose a Led TV ?

There is so much advise on internet, however advise and tips always come in useful, when confronted with sellers' tricks and techniques.:fp:

well my only tip is: the size of a TV screen is the distance of its diagonal.....some people don't know that.

well my only tip is: the size of a TV screen is the distance of its diagonal.....some people don't know that.

:yes: suprisingly enought, I did know that. :p
Here's a recent buying guide.
http://m.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/tv-buying-guide-how-to-buy-a-tv/
I have an lcd and really like it. It is only a 28 inch one, which everyone thinks is little, but it is perfect for the bedroom (no tv in living room. ) it was cheap and I got from Tiger Direct, but that site is not as low on prices as they used to be.

Lcd uses the least energy.

I have a list :

LCD
HDTV 10808p
Pixels 19201080
Size 127 centimetres

A neighbour is coming over to mesure the installation that exists and I have already got an insurance cover
(+3 yrs) via my bank.

I will read through the info on your link which does look very interesting. Tx:up:

When shopping for such things I do my research on Amazon. They generally have good product descriptions, you can read customer reviews and you can get a price check. Even if you don't buy from them at least you can go to the local shop armed with product and price info.

Reactions: RabbitLuvr
:yes: suprisingly enought, I did know that. :p

I have a list :

LCD
HDTV 10808p
Pixels 19201080
Size 127 centimetres

A neighbour is coming over to mesure the installation that exists and I have already got an insurance cover
(+3 yrs) via my bank.

I will read through the info on your link which does look very interesting. Tx:up:
Big tv! :D

Do you have much 3D broadcasting/things to watch? I'm not sure I could get used to watching TV with glasses.

I get SKY via the satellite so I assume we do get some films in 3D. It doesn't make much difference as nearly all the 2013 led tv's
are 3D.
LED_3D__V382291539_.jpg

This pic suits me better. :p

LG_55LA860V1.jpg

I have an lcd and really like it. It is only a 28 inch one, which everyone thinks is little, but it is perfect for the bedroom (no tv in living room. ) it was cheap and I got from Tiger Direct, but that site is not as low on prices as they used to be.

Got a 19" LCD here.

It's the only TV in the house.

You guys and your huge 28" TVs. :p