Animal Rights Thoughts on the Terms "Humane", "Free-Range", "Cruelty-Free", "Organic" Etc

Bite Size Vegan

Vegan Fruit-Ninja
Reaction score
what do you guys think of these terms? in doing some research and reading on the validity of them, i've found that they don't hold much water…though they do seem to hold a lot of power in our minds as consumers.

now "organic" when it comes to produce, to me, does have validity..but i'm talking more about animal products labelled as organic.

let me know your thought. here's what i found:

Free-range, cage-free, fed a vegetarian diet, and humanely raised all mean nothing. Cruelty-free is a label I look for on health and beauty and household products, that assures me the products weren't tested on animals. I prefer the label "vegan", but sometimes cruelty-free has to do. But then you have to read the ingredient list, too.

Reactions: Bite Size Vegan
Free-range, cage-free, fed a vegetarian diet, and humanely raised all mean nothing. Cruelty-free is a label I look for on health and beauty and household products, that assures me the products weren't tested on animals. I prefer the label "vegan", but sometimes cruelty-free has to do. But then you have to read the ingredient list, too.

yep yep…sometimes i just buy online through trusted vegan marketplaces so that i don't even have to research each product ..

I think humane, free-range, and cruelty free are pretty much devoid of any legal meaning.
I'm generally opposed to the commercial organic movement because it economically supports animal manure production, the use of slaughterhouse remnants, and the killing of trillions of inter-tidal fish for fertilizer production.

Reactions: Bite Size Vegan