Things you never, ever wanted to know

I never wanted to know that the movie "The Human Centipede" exists. I can't stand to even look at any photos or screenshots, which is weird because I usually love creepy things. This is just.... perverse.

I never wanted to know that the movie "The Human Centipede" exists. I can't stand to even look at any photos or screenshots, which is weird because I usually love creepy things. This is just.... perverse.
I don't know the exact plot in the original, thankfully, but there was a South Park episode called The Human Cent-iPad in which Cartman really wants an iPad ... I had to force myself to watch it, and I'll spare you the details, but I have a suspicion it was every bit as disgusting as the original.

After you die, you can poop for one last time. That's because your muscles relax and your bowels expel whatever is left in them.

We hate to break it you, but you’re not totally human. It’s nothing about you personally. It’s just that more than 90% of the cells in the human body are actually parasites. You might feel like a single being, but you’re really more of a bug city, teeming with different species.

Consider the skin on your face. As smooth and peachy as it may look, every square centimetre houses around one or two “demodex spiders”. They mostly lie low, but once you’re asleep they crawl across your face to mate and lay eggs in your pores. Don’t feel too disgusted, though – in return for their food and lodging, these spiders clean away some of the harmful bacteria that might cause a dangerous infection.

The disgusting creatures inhabiting your body

This seems as good a place as any to post this, since I didn't want to start a new thread for it. I'm a recovering arachnophobe, and some spiders in Australia (specifically, Huntsman Spiders, family Sparassidae (sp?)) get really BIG, although they're not dangerously venomous to humans:

These things like to hang out under loose bark, etc when they're not out scaring people- but in a pinch, a wall clock will do.

A possible caption: "Hidin.... ur doin it rong.

Scarin the poo outta people... ur doin it pretty good akshully."

ETA: About the first post: for some weird reason, snakes don't scare me, although I don't like them. But I am rather fond of bats. It's their faces- at least some kinds are SO DARN CUTE!

Also from Australia: I came across a video of a Golden-Tipped bat who was being treated for an injury in a wildlife rehab center. This species feeds mostly on spiders, and the video showed the little guy being fed two (apparently dead) spiders almost as big as he was.

Last edited:
This seems as good a place as any to post this, since I didn't want to start a new thread for it. I'm a recovering arachnophobe, and some spiders in Australia (specifically, Huntsman Spiders, family Sparassidae (sp?)) get really BIG, although they're not dangerously venomous to humans:

These things like to hang out under loose bark, etc when they're not out scaring people- but in a pinch, a wall clock will do.

A possible caption: "Hidin.... ur doin it rong.

Scarin the poo outta people... ur doin it pretty good akshully."

ETA: About the first post: for some weird reason, snakes don't scare me, although I don't like them. But I am rather fond of bats. It's their faces- at least some kinds are SO DARN CUTE!

Also from Australia: I came across a video of a Golden-Tipped bat who was being treated for an injury in a wildlife rehab center. This species feeds mostly on spiders, and the video showed the little guy being fed two (apparently dead) spiders almost as big as he was.
I like bats too.

I used to be afraid of spiders, but I aged out of that particular fear, as far as American sized spiders are concerned. Australian sized ones, though, are another matter entirely.

Reactions: Dedalus
A person I know , but not on a personal level , who was charismatic , intelligent , good sense of humour ,well respected , turned out to be a big crook .

He still seems in denial of what he has done , but I hope he can turn his thinking around as he works through his time in jail .

Doesn't sound so scary to me, but well :D

polonaisecultuur.jpg

I also dislike actual centipedes and millipedes. Effing gross. I don't really care about the tiny little bugs inhabiting my body. I deliberately increase the amount of good bacteria in my gut by eating fermented foods.

I also dislike actual centipedes and millipedes. Effing gross. I don't really care about the tiny little bugs inhabiting my body. I deliberately increase the amount of good bacteria in my gut by eating fermented foods.
We only have the inch long centipede in NE OH so I'm NOT referring to anything poisoness or scary-I don't mind them at all, and always leave them and spiders be- they eat loads of other insects that I don't like. Flies- I absolutely, positively, HATE flies!