The yin-yang stereotype-mixed veg-omni relationships

for anyone in a relationship with a non vegan, do you find it difficult to manage thru it?

for anyone in a relationship with a non vegan, do you find it difficult to manage thru it?

It's actually fine as long as you're not involved with an ******* or someone who thinks s/he knows what's best for you. And as along as you're ok with them doing their own thing. :)

I've been married for 35 years, the last 14 of which I've been vegan. My spouse has been super supportive, happy to taste-test my cooking, and actually admires my commitment to animals. Over time, he's become "mostly" vegetarian (occasional seafood at business functions) and we have come keep a "mostly" vegan kitchen (exceptions: his blue cheese dressing, his cream cheese and his parm). I don't fuss about his shoes or the interior of his car, and he's learned to read labels for anything he buys for me. :) We've both changed over the years - and mostly for the better, I think!

Reactions: KLS52 and andre1
I think almost every omni x veg*an relationship I know about has ended in omni x omni. A couple of them are still offically veg*an, but it's not a secret they aren't... Most of them has been omni man and veg*an woman. Sometimes I wonder if people are a bit afraid to be alone, that their ethics is just thrown away for a relationship, if the other person isn't very veg*an friendly?

But luckily, there are always people that change to the better or make it work. I guess it makes really two to get it to work, when you have such diffrences...