TV & Film The Simpsons

rainforests1

Forum Legend
Reaction score
My father, two brothers, and myself agree on very little, but there is one thing we definitely agree on:The Simpsons has gotten much, much worse over time. The more recent years lacks the humor that the first 10 seasons or so had, and makes the show unwatchable for us. Does anyone here still watch The Simpsons?

I really enjoyed the movie that came out a couple of years ago. One of my favourite funny movies, almost right up there with the Monty Python movies.

The last "new" episode I saw involved Marge getting a boob job and flashing an elephant then I officially gave up. I can't believe they're still making it.

Reactions: thefadedone
I'm not even sure if I have seen any very new episodes as they seem to have repeats on over here, the older ones were very clever and hilarious and I did notice a definite dip in quality in the later seasons.

They must still get good ratings though or they wouldn't carry on making them.:confused:

they should be able to get to the stage where a computer AI makes them...running through permutations of story lines...Homer is stupid being the main one....maybe Skynet/Googlenet will chose Homer as its face, and we will all be ruled by him for a thousand years.

When my children were younger it used to be on TV at six every night and we would race around to make sure we were sitting down to watch it , excited because it was by far the best thing on TV.

Now it is neither clever nor funny just faintly ridiculous and the only episodes I even half bother watching are very early ones but they have been re-run so many times in UK you practically know the dialogue by heart!!!

Reactions: Amy SF
It's been around almost as long as my daughter has been alive, and it was her favorite show forever. We used to watch the new episode every Sunday evening and couldn't wait for the Halloween episode, and she later watched it with her daughter. So, even if the quality does suck, I like knowing it's still around. It's like that family member you only see on holidays, and even though you only occasionally talk, would be sad to no longer have them around.

I admit I haven't watched anything recent, Once Upon a Time is on at the same time. :p I usually watch reruns that are on at an earlier time and sometimes a newer episode pops up I haven't seen yet.

Reactions: thefadedone