shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
http://www.imaner.net/panel/profile.htm

mardep0102s.jpg

Do vegans try and convert others to a vegan diet?
Only 17% of vegans often or always try to convert others to a vegan diet. Of the rest 47% never, or hardly ever, try to convert people. However 63% of vegans know someone who has become veg*an because of their influence.

I love this! This will become my standard link when people talk about "preachy vegans". The only problem is it's self-reported, but still, most people don't think that scientifically :D

Reactions: AeryFairy
This was really interesting!

I always thought vegans were likley to be men.

44% of UK vegans think that they are very poorly catered for, compared with 28% in the US and 32% in the rest of the world. Interesting. seems off since, from what I can work out from online/experience I think the UK is probably one of the best places to be vegan in (if not THE best, country wise)... I'm wondering if the UK's good catering for vegetarians makes vegans expect more? Or maybe we're just very negative!

This was really interesting!

I always thought vegans were likley to be men.

44% of UK vegans think that they are very poorly catered for, compared with 28% in the US and 32% in the rest of the world.Interesting. seems off since, from what I can work out from online/experience I think the UK is probably one of the best places to be vegan in (if not THE best, country wise)... I'm wondering if the UK's good catering for vegetarians makes vegans expect more? Or maybe we're just very negative!

I think it does, you know. There's so much incredibly vegan food here, that's fairly readily available, but when I look at the three freezers full of tasty-looking vegetarian food with a miniscule amount of egg protein in them, I feel very un-catered for :p Doesn't mean that things couldn't still be better here, though - and I think they will get better, quite rapidly. We're slowly clawing our way into the mainstream.

There's so much incredibly vegan food here, that's fairly readily available, but when I look at the three freezers full of tasty-looking vegetarian food with a miniscule amount of egg protein in them, I feel very un-catered for :p
Exactly! This annoys me. It's almost as if they know it could have been vegan, but deliberately added in a minuscule amount of egg protein or honey just to make it un-vegan.

Reactions: Tom L.
^^^ This. The same goes for milk sometimes. There are several commercially-baked breads in my area; I mostly bake my own in the colder months, but during the summer I buy my bread. The dairy ingredients are so far down on the list that I can't imagine they would be tasteable or would affect some other quality of the finished bread noticeably.