The PC isn't dead or dying

If it became just as powerful, was able to run the same programs a Windows computer can run, and you can attatch things like a monitor, keyboard, mouse and a controller I'd be fine with the PC dying.
Though I'd rather see technology get better - not smaller.

Last edited:
Good. Now I feel a little bit less like a dinosaur for still using my PC and not owning a tablet or smartphone.

I was assuming that many people were buying tablets to supplement their PC, not to replace it. My sister has a Macbook, an iPad mini, and an iPhone, and she depends on all three. I have a Dell laptop. I don't see myself buying a tablet any time soon, but I am definitely planning to get a smartphone sometime this year. I don't expect the smartphone to replace my laptop. For one thing, and I suspect this is the case for other people, I might use my laptop to work from home. As the article pointed out, it's preferable to use a PC for things that you can't do with a tablet or smartphone.

You and me, both. I've had my iPhone two years now and I'm still not acclimated to the touch screen.

I'm a laptop-as-a-desktop-replacement girl myself due to lack of space. I do have an iPad (Wi-Fi only), but I've resisted the smartphone because I don't want to pay for a data plan. I'm with Danielle; make the technology better, not necessarily smaller.

I have a laptop (with the largest possible screen) and will always have a laptop.

I think that, as people get older, they will find themselves much less enamored of tiny screens and touchscreens and/or small keys. Age inevitably brings physical changes that makes tiny, fiddly things frustrating to use.

I have a laptop (with the largest possible screen) and will always have a laptop.

I think that, as people get older, they will find themselves much less enamored of tiny screens and touchscreens and/or small keys. Age inevitably brings physical changes that makes tiny, fiddly things frustrating to use.

I'm an old man! I hate everything but Matlock! Ooh, it's on now! :weird:

It had better not be. I ****ing hate touch screens. :pout:

If you buy a tablet with BlueTooth, you can get a full-sized keyboard for it. Some also have optional adapters which basically give you a USB port to plug in any USB peripheral.

Reactions: Second Summer