The Menace of Microfleece

MadamSarcastra

MadamSarcastra, over & out.
Reaction score
Microfiber Madness: Synthetic Fabrics Harm Wildlife, Poison the Food Supply and Expose You to Toxins

:argh:

Poisoned "Food Supply" if you're omni, potentially.... However, it goes on to say "even vegetarians and vegans could be impacted." Hey, at least I can wash MY food! ;) And I use purified water for coffee & cooking anything that absorbs water (pasta, couscous, rice, etc.).... But you may want to give your seafood-eating friends & family a heads-up.

Just wanted the rest of us to be aware of the harm we're causing when we wash synthetic crap. Hell, I sure didn't know! Man, now I have to pitch my two favorite pairs of comfy pants! :( Or stop washing them.... LOL :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Looks like they're developing a microfiber catcher. Hopefully that helps. With the amount of fleece I have, I'll definitely need one. Possibly two.

Last edited:
Stop Microfiber Pollution | Rozalia Project
Our plan is to have this product available to everyone using a washing machine to wash their clothes by the spring of 2017.
So the motivation is having plastic-free seafood to eat?? Sorry, just skimmed, I'll read in full tomorrow.... must eat now... although the thought of seafood makes me :yuck:.... yeah, I'm not all that hungry anymore.

Sorry, forgot you have the US level attention span ;)
"Rozalia Project has developed the world’s first consumer solution to stop microfiber pollution. Our patent-pending microfiber catcher is a human-scale solution, one that everyone can be part of simply by washing their clothes with the catcher in their washing machines – whether they are in a dorm, in a basement or at a laundromat.

Rozalia Project’s microfiber catcher works in any washing machine – top or front loader, old or new. Just throw it in. The catcher will collect microfibers as well as hair and prevent them from flowing out with the drain water."

OMG I just want to throw myself on the floor and scream and cry. All we do is harm the environment.

I will never buy anything with fleece again. The blankets I do have will be aired out only.

Thank you for this information. I had no idea.