Computers The Latest in Tech....

MadamSarcastra

MadamSarcastra, over & out.
Reaction score
I didn't see a non-specific thread for this kind of stuff, so here goes....

What is it that gets your gears groovin'? :cool:
What makes you freak out with your geek out? :D
Is it computers or gadgets or robots or AI or drones or self-driving cars? Whatever! Let's hear about it!

How about microchips embedded under your flesh? :eek: Would you go for this?? Microchip Implants for Employees? One Company Says Yes

Last edited:
My car would a Tesla- red
images

And I still would love to have one of these.... So cool!! :D ---- Elio Motors | The next big thing in transportation!

Meh. Doesn't impress me that much, as opposed to this one that you can right now buy in the shop in Europe, for about the same price (and unfortunately additionally a 50 EUR/month rent fee for the battery - which will, however, likely will be upset by the lower cost of electricity as opposed to gas)...

renault-twizy-M09eph1-charging-003.jpg.ximg.l_full_m.smart.jpg

Renault Twizy - Wikipedia

But I understand that one is unfortunately not yet available in the US...

Reactions: MadamSarcastra
Meh. Doesn't impress me that much, as opposed to this one that you can right now buy in the shop in Europe, for about the same price (and unfortunately additionally a 50 EUR/month rent fee for the battery - which will, however, likely will be upset by the lower cost of electricity as opposed to gas)...

renault-twizy-M09eph1-charging-003.jpg.ximg.l_full_m.smart.jpg

Renault Twizy - Wikipedia

But I understand that one is unfortunately not yet available in the US...
Does it come in obnoxious green, though?? :p

Who am I kidding, I'll never afford another car.... LOL

I would love an electric car, but they have to make them go farther on one charge. I drive a lot and for long distances, so unless you live in an urban area, they aren't really practical for longer drives. Plus, the cost. Ouch.

Yup. Ouch is right. On the one side, an electric car would be good for me as I don't drive any more than 10 miles a day... but I wouldn't have the option of taking a road trip or anything. On the other side, given that I hardly drive anywhere, why not look into a cool, new, cheap vehicle? I love that freakin' Elio! It can fit one passesnger, but 99% of the time, I drive alone... so that spot would be for groceries and beer. :p

Plus that color (above) matches my nail polish! LMAO :D And $7,500, with 84 mpg?? Hell, yeah! :up:

Reactions: PTree15
Whoa, this is pretty funky....

Well, I know at least one person who'd appreciate something like that. I dunno, I think it could either way... you either feel like the laziest geek ever or like a total bad-***, à la Matt Damon in Elysium.... :p

3c8fc99a2b7dbc47504945d296e72c64--matt-damon-boy-pictures.jpg

Last edited:
Watch Hackers Hijack Three Robots for Spying and Sabotage
"They can move, they can hear, they can see," says Cesar Cerrudo, the chief technology officer of IOActive, where both of the researchers work. Those features could soon make robots at least as tempting a target for spies and saboteurs as traditional computers or smartphones, he argues. "If you hack one of these things, the threat is bigger."

OK, this is both hilarious & terrifying.... :rofl::hide:

This was playing earlier this evening when I popped downstairs at one point... I had to sit on the couch & watch, too. LOL :rolleyes: