The introductions thread

Hello, the name is Thomas, I'm 33 and I'm based in the UK. Mostly Oxfordshire, which I travel around on the narrowboat on which I live with my partner. I/we've been vegan for about five years, for ethical reasons. I think I signed up just to discuss whatever with like minded people.

welcome Thomas!

We look forward to your contributions.

Emma JC

Reactions: ThomasCKing
Hello, the name is Thomas, I'm 33 and I'm based in the UK. Mostly Oxfordshire, which I travel around on the narrowboat on which I live with my partner. I/we've been vegan for about five years, for ethical reasons. I think I signed up just to discuss whatever with like minded people.
Hi Thomas. I'm from the county below you - Wiltshire - although I live in Sweden now. I haven't been on a narrowboat but I have been on a few barges on the Kennet And Avon Canal. I envy you and your partner. Welcome to the forum.:)

Reactions: ThomasCKing
Hi Thomas, welcome! I also live in Oxfordshire! Do you come across that vegan pizza boat on your journeys? We bought some pizza from them this summer.

You live on/in a narrowboat? I had to look that up. That looks so cool!

Around here a narrow boat is a canoe.

Hi Thomas:) and welcome, one of my bucket list items if I ever get to the UK is to hire a narrowboat and travel around. Its sorta about my pace :cool:

Hi Thomas:) and welcome, one of my bucket list items if I ever get to the UK is to hire a narrowboat and travel around. Its sorta about my pace :cool:
Now I've added that to my bucket list. It's right after I rent a rowboat and recreate Three Men In A Boat (To Say Nothing of the Dog).

Reactions: Tom L.
Now I've added that to my bucket list. It's right after I rent a rowboat and recreate Three Men In A Boat (To Say Nothing of the Dog).

:) this is the rowboat i wast 🤔 thinking about Lou
1599947667045.jpeg

That's a barge not a row boat. However, I do remember seeing them in historical films where they had rowers, like several hundred years ago. :D
We’ll okay I will just settle for a diesel motor puffing along And if I saw Lou and his mates and his dog coming the other way I would invite them over for a meal :wave:

• Haha
Reactions: shyvas
Hello, this is fakei from Portugal and have been on a strict vegetarian diet. Have near 20 years of experience, the first 15 with how not to become a vegetarian, nor a vegan, and after exhausting all the unsuccessful ways eventually as one.

Last edited:
The first time I heard of this was in a BBC broadcast of some sort of mystery/comedy... some of the characters were into it, and it figured into the plot. I didn't know it was a real story.

Hey, I have been vegetarian for a while, but now I am vegan. I feel like I need to make friends who are vegan, as well. I have a few friends who are dairy-free or vegetarian, but only one current vegan. I got into being vegetarian practising Buddhism, and then I realized that dairy and eggs aren’t any more compassionate

Hey, I have been vegetarian for a while, but now I am vegan. I feel like I need to make friends who are vegan, as well. I have a few friends who are dairy-free or vegetarian, but only one current vegan. I got into being vegetarian practising Buddhism, and then I realized that dairy and eggs aren’t any more compassionate
Welcome!