The Halloween Thread - 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
My favourite movie where he has a leading role is Laura.

I have not seen that! Will have to check it out though...sounds excellent.

Detective Mark McPherson investigates the killing of Laura, found dead on her apartment floor before the movie starts. McPherson builds a mental picture of the dead girl from the suspects whom he interviews. He is helped by the striking painting of the late lamented Laura hanging on her apartment wall. But who would have wanted to kill a girl with whom every man she met seemed to fall in love? To make matters worse, McPherson finds himself falling under her spell too. Then one night, halfway through his investigations, something seriously bizarre happens to make him re-think the whole case.

I am caught between The Abominable Dr. Phibes and Theatre of Blood.

I have not seen that! Will have to check it out though...sounds excellent.

Detective Mark McPherson investigates the killing of Laura, found dead on her apartment floor before the movie starts. McPherson builds a mental picture of the dead girl from the suspects whom he interviews. He is helped by the striking painting of the late lamented Laura hanging on her apartment wall. But who would have wanted to kill a girl with whom every man she met seemed to fall in love? To make matters worse, McPherson finds himself falling under her spell too. Then one night, halfway through his investigations, something seriously bizarre happens to make him re-think the whole case.

I am caught between The Abominable Dr. Phibes and Theatre of Blood.

It is my favourite 40's classics with Gene Thierney who is stunning.

She is gorgeous. And Price is so young!

She was not only stunning but one of the most beautiful actresses during the 40's. She suffered from a mental illness and had quite a sad life.:(

I particularly liked her in the following movies : Leave her to Heaven (also starring Vincent Price) and The Ghost and Mrs Muir.

She also starred in a movie with Vincent Price that was set in a castle but I can't remember the title.

http://www.amazon.com/Dragonwyck-Walter-Huston-Tierney-Vincent/dp/B002C18LLU

Last edited:
Amy - you started the 2013 thread on the 22nd of September!:p

I did? Oh, I guess I forgot. I must have been suffering through a nasty heatwave like the one I'm suffering through right now, and couldn't wait for Halloween to arrive - a sure sign of autumn and cooler weather. :D

What CD should be played on Halloween?

368502cb97f997cf47b3708867baf3e9.jpg

Track Listings

1. Toccata and Fugue, for organ in D minor, BWV 565 (BC J37)
2. Danse macabre, symphonic poem in G minor, Op. 40
3. Funeral March of a Marionette, for piano or orchestra in D minor
4. Night on Bald Mountain (Noch' na Lïsoy gore), symphonic poem, edited by
5. March to the Scaffold
6. In the Hall of the Mountain King
7. Mephisto Waltz, for orchestra No. 1 (Der Tanz in der Dorfschenke; Episo
8. The Sorcerer's Apprentice (L'apprenti sorcier), symphonic scherzo for orche
9. Dream of a Witches' Sabbath

Last edited:
Reactions: Dedalus
Status
Not open for further replies.