News The Green Party isn't sexy enough

Blobbenstein

Reaction score
When people hear about the green party they probably think of herbs, and cycling up hills, and hemp underwear............I think the Green Party should make people think of Star Wars, and a bright future, not sweaty sandals..
Maybe this is where they go wrong?

Alternative energy could be very sexy, but you wouldn't necessarily think so from the media. Alternative energy could make fossil fuels look like an old ladies embroidered handkerchief, when it supplies the whole world with all its energy needs.

I used to be a Green Party member but I didn't ever go to my local group as they sounded really annoying. We were talking online about having a meeting but they were all moaning about the parking (hello, aren't you meant to be riding bikes or taking public transport?:p) and then they wanted to eat at an omni restaurant after the meeting. :rolleyes:

I knew I would end up saying something sarcastic and rude if I had met up with them.

Reactions: Amy SF
We have the same problem with the Green Party here in the U.S., Blobs. Greens just can't get elected to office anywhere. The party has no political muscle at all. Most Americans don't even know that there IS a Green Party because there's a blackout in the media. Nobody talks about the party in the media unless Ralph Nader or another notable person runs for president as a Green candidate, and such a candidacy is treated an amusing footnote of that particular election cycle, for about twenty minutes, and then everyone loses interest and moves on. And Green candidates for local offices are completely ignored by the media.

It's very frustrating, to say the least. And for those who know OF the party, it has a similar image as the Green Party in the UK and elsewhere, full of aging (i.e. irrelevant) hippies and other radical nuts.

I was this close to Ralph Nader:

288754_2463643547544_683106637_o.jpg

Reactions: ledboots
Ralph Nader is a great guy but his platform does a hell of a lot more bad than good by stealing votes away from potential Democratic voters and increasing the chances of a Republican win.