US The Everything Thanksgiving Thread

@silva I’m dying to try that roast but I probably won’t get to do it for tomorrow. My vital wheat gluten is past the expiration date and I probably won’t go out to get more right now. Maybe I’ll try it after thanksgiving to see if I can get it right then I can make it for Christmas.

Is it a sell by date ? If it's expired by a few weeks or even months, it'll be fine to use. Always store WG and flour in a sealed tin/container in a cool dark place and it'll last way past the sell by date.

Reactions: PTree15
Is it a sell by date ? If it's expired by a few weeks or even months, it'll be fine to use. Always store WG and flour in a sealed tin/container in a cool dark place and it'll last way past the sell by date.
Yes, I think it’s a few months. It is unopened. I will give it a try.

Reactions: PTree15
I bought the Field Roast Celebration Roast. when reading the instructions I saw that there were alternative cooking suggestions. so instead of baking it in the oven, I fried it in a pan. and it was great. It does need gravy and stuffing, tho. I made gravy, stuffing, sweet potatoes, and a green bean casserole the day before thanksgiving. I've been eating the leftovers ever since. I've just been nuking the leftovers. finished the last couple of slices of the roast last night.

If I can find it I'll get the Trader Joe's one in December.

Time to bump this thread to 2021 :)

Anybody else out there doing a Thanksgiving dinner? I realize this doesn't apply to our American members, but they will get their turn soon enough.

I bought my first roast beast from the Very Good Butcher yesterday. They were even on sale, but frozen. I plan to make the dinner tomorrow. I will have only one other guest, but I'm worried this beast will not be thawed in time. I hate thawing things on the counter at room temp to speed the process, but I might just have to do that. It's still like a rock right now.

So the roast is stuffed it would appear, but I will make a little extra, as well as a nice pot of gravy, which doesn't come with the roast. I have some good tricks for making a tasty vegan gravy, so that's not an issue.

I'm serving this marvelous dinner with Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, whipped potatoes with garlic, and homemade apple crumble for dessert with my own backyard apples. Oh, and some homemade cranberry sauce too.

Sure, it's a lot of work for one guest, but I enjoy cooking. I hope anyone else celebrating Thanksgiving this weekend has an awesome one.

• Love
Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
Time to bump this thread to 2021 :)

Anybody else out there doing a Thanksgiving dinner? I realize this doesn't apply to our American members, but they will get their turn soon enough.

I bought my first roast beast from the Very Good Butcher yesterday. They were even on sale, but frozen. I plan to make the dinner tomorrow. I will have only one other guest, but I'm worried this beast will not be thawed in time. I hate thawing things on the counter at room temp to speed the process, but I might just have to do that. It's still like a rock right now.

So the roast is stuffed it would appear, but I will make a little extra, as well as a nice pot of gravy, which doesn't come with the roast. I have some good tricks for making a tasty vegan gravy, so that's not an issue.

I'm serving this marvelous dinner with Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, whipped potatoes with garlic, and homemade apple crumble for dessert with my own backyard apples. Oh, and some homemade cranberry sauce too.

Sure, it's a lot of work for one guest, but I enjoy cooking. I hope anyone else celebrating Thanksgiving this weekend has an awesome one.

I'll join you in Canadian Thanksgiving! (this thread is in the US forum, sooo....)
I've had a real craving for this seitan, and it takes more doing than the usual ones I make
No stuffing though. I love stuffing!
I do have potatoes, and mushrooms and no chik'n boullion for gravy
I may even make a gingerbread loaf if all goes well! :grinning:

I now must look up Canadian Thanksgiving, because I'm clueless!

yes, I will be making Thanksgiving dinner for the two of us tomorrow - bought a huge bag of croutons so that I can make stuffing/dressing as that is my favourite part of the meal, I have squash/sweet potato/turnip/parsnip which I will boil altogether and add a bit of maple syrup to, mashed garlic potatoes, Gardein turkey rolls, gravy

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

My sister is hosting Thanksgiving this year as was done in the past. Last year we had an outdoor celebration at a park because of covid but this year we are back to normal!

Reactions: KLS52 and PTree15