US The Everything Thanksgiving Thread

Thanksgiving is my all time favorite holiday. Family and food and no commercializing to ruin it like Christmas. Of course it will be different this year...looks like we will forego a get together. But generally speaking I love Thanksgiving the best.

Thanksgiving is my all time favorite holiday. Family and food and no commercializing to ruin it like Christmas. Of course it will be different this year...looks like we will forego a get together. But generally speaking I love Thanksgiving the best.

We don't do Thanksgiving but I like the idea of just having family and friends and nice food. No presents and no silly parties where everyone drinks too much.

I hate that Thanksgiving is always passed over with all the too early Christmas commercialization. This year our family gathering will be small. My sister will have it at her house which is "normal." She usually invites friends and neighbors but this year will be just close family.

• Haha
Reactions: PTree15 and shyvas
  • Love
Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
I love the Gardein Turkey rolls, which, I believe are a smaller version of that bigger roast. The gravy is very good also.

I would suggest buying them soon, if you seem them available for sale, as they tend to sell out quickly.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
I love the Gardein Turkey rolls, which, I believe are a smaller version of that bigger roast. The gravy is very good also.

I would suggest buying them soon, if you seem them available for sale, as they tend to sell out quickly.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com
Excellent, thank you and I will look for those! I am planning on picking up today or tomorrow so hopefully they will have them in stock still...:)

Has anyone had these from Whole Foods? Gardein Holiday Roast
I was thinking about making for Thanksgiving possibly...
Last year I bought one of each of the holiday roasts they sell at my local market, Gardein, Field Roast, and Tofurkey.

Gardein was my favorite. I think it helped that it came with gravy and last year I didn't think to make my own gravy.

Field Roast was a lot cheaper and I think I might give them another go. I messed up the prep on that one. Plus some of the other members here have given me some gravy recipes.

I also liked Tofurkey because it came with gravy too. But I put Gardein a notch above.

I thought the Tofurky roast was vile. Sadly I had made it for my first vegetarian thanksgiving in 2004 and it made an awful impression on the family. They still make fun of me for it. 😁
Gardein was good. I don’t recall if I tried the Field Roast.
Nut roasts are the way to go for me now. With stuffing and gravy it will always be my go to holiday dish.

Reactions: Emma JC
I thought the Tofurky roast was vile. Sadly I had made it for my first vegetarian thanksgiving in 2004 and it made an awful impression on the family. They still make fun of me for it. 😁
Gardein was good. I don’t recall if I tried the Field Roast.
Nut roasts are the way to go for me now. With stuffing and gravy it will always be my go to holiday dish.
Nut roast was too nutty for me--but what if you combined it with seitan?
I think I'll just do a seitan roll around stuffing.

Nobody has mentioned TJ's holiday roast. :)

These shop made roasts are very pricy and with a little imagination and some good recipes, it would be very
easy to duplicate them.
Nut roasts can be tweaked by choosing nuts that have a milder taste and adding other ingredients such as lentils,
veggie mince or minced seitan.
I always make a nut roast dinner and even omnis love it. I think that it's all the side dishes that make it hard work ; roast potatoes,
roast parsnips, brussels, roast carrots and homemade gravy plus cranberry compote/sauce. :grinning:

Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC