The Everything Pumpkin/Squash Thread

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
Autumn is in the air and pumpkins and squashes are a very popular vegetable (fruit) during these cooler months.

We don't get a huge choice of different varieties of squash/pumpkins over here and I usually end up buying butternut squash. My
favourite recipes are usually roast spicy bn squash with chilli oil, pumpkin, spinach & chickpea pie, seitan and pumkin Madras style curry
and pumkin mash as a topping for cottage pie.

Differences Between Pumpkin And Squash | Difference Between

https://www.thekitchn.com/the-11-va...u-need-to-know-ingredient-intelligence-157857

1599991958740.png

Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
I'm not overly fond of pumpkin although I do like roasted butternut squash soup. That is delish in cold weather.

I was just watching a YT video and the vegan woman was using pumpkin pie spice to make French toast and that sounded nice to me.

I'm not overly fond of pumpkin although I do like roasted butternut squash soup. That is delish in cold weather.

I was just watching a YT video and the vegan woman was using pumpkin pie spice to make French toast and that sounded nice to me.

I also like butternut squash soup served piping hot with a drizzle of pumpkin oil and some toasted nuts.

Reactions: Emma JC
I like pumpkin for a lot of things, but no other winter squash other than delicata--the long white with green stripes in the middle of the picture. It's gone so fast from markets here! Didn't get any last year, so this time I'm stocking up. It's also my sons favorite. It's dense and has a nutty taste with sliced and roasted

How long does winter squash keep? I know I've had rotted acorn and butternut, but they hung around a really long time..
I now have 7 delicata squash, I know what the market has will soon be gone

I’ve done that. It is good!

Reactions: Raven
I stumbled across this pumpkin soup recipe and have decided to make it next week as we are expecting cooler weather.

I'm going to change some of the ingredients and tweak it to suit my own taste.

1600413737161.png

Reactions: KLS52 and Raven
I stumbled across this pumpkin soup recipe and have decided to make it next week as we are expecting cooler weather.

I'm going to change some of the ingredients and tweak it to suit my own taste.

View attachment 22451

This turned out very tasty despite not having made it in a pressure cooker. I cooked it on the hob and seriously tweaked
the recipe adding different (and omitting) ingredients.

Reactions: KLS52
I have died and gone to heaven...
View attachment 22535

Wow! I'll take that as a mocha! I loved Caribou coffee white chocolate mochas- not vegan though. Why is vegan white chocolate so expensive?

To stay on topic I'll add--My last sweet potato is now growing into a beautiful plant :pumpkin:🌱. kinda pumpkiny/squashy

Oh yeah, I roasted another delicata squash yesterday.
Aldi has a delicious pumpkin bread that's vegan, it's the Simply Organic label so it's not real sweet, and kinda wheaty

I was just watching a YouTuber (yes, I watch far too much YT :D ) and she was doing a full pumpkin what I eat in a day video.

She had a pumpkin latte and pumpkin pancakes for breakfast. Pumpkin soup for lunch and pumpkin houmous and pumpkin pasta for dinner!

The soup looked lovely.

I’ve never made risotto. I think I’ve only had it 2-3 times. When I reach my goal weight I’m going to try it butternut squash. I know it’s something I would like. 😊

• Love
Reactions: shyvas
I’ve never made risotto. I think I’ve only had it 2-3 times. When I reach my goal weight I’m going to try it butternut squash. I know it’s something I would like. 😊

It's really very easy to make. I'm still using my first butternut squash that I bought a few weeks ago. :D