The Dog Lovers Thread

Yorkshire terrier? I had one many years ago. So precious.

Reactions: shyvas
One time on a 3-day weekend, while out on a walk, I found a stray dog. He had a collar but not tag.

I thought maybe I could take the dog to a pet store - maybe they could check for a chip. but first I flagged down a lady walking a dog and she lent me a leash. So I walked the dog to the pet store but they were closed. I started walking back to the lady's house where I thought maybe she could keep the dog overnight but on the way back from the pet store the dog started pulling. I let the dog lead me and we went to an apartment. I knocked on the door and a guy opened it and welcomed the dog. and then closed the door on me. I'm not even sure he knew his dog had been missing. Not only didn't I get a thank you but I didn't get to tell him how he should get a dog tag for his dog. A phone number or an address would have saved me a bunch of effort.

@FredVegrox my daughters Shiloh Shepherd was miserable all summer. He gets over heated so easily, even if he’s not exerting himself. He’s so much happier now that it’s cooled down a bit. He definitely loves the snow.

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and shyvas
Is this standard practice at places that do grooming? It kind of disturbs me but I’m seeing more and more videos like this. I can’t imagine it’s not terribly stressful for a dog. I also saw one where they put a cat in some type of sling where their legs were spread out but they were fastened so they couldn’t move. It looked like a torture chamber yet seems to be standard practice. ☹️

When Bratt went to the vet I had them cut his nails. They used a tongue depressor with a soft pate-like treat to distract him. While he licked the tongue depressor clean they cut all of his nails quickly. Of course, it helps that he is incredibly food motivated. I doubt it would work on Stella, but then she is so frightened that she becomes frozen. So it’s still easy for them to cut her nails. Joon is so good for me that I can cut hers myself.
291B4070-5DC2-441B-A426-A87AEEBB7EBF.png

@Amy SF I hate people too sometimes...

But about putting just your phone number on a dog's tag, instead of including the address too... I was going to say that someone could look up their address on-line. Then I remembered... most people probably have cell phones these days, instead of a land line which includes my street address in the White Pages entry (like I do).

(correction: I think it just has my city. But my city is small, so someone could go to a city directory and find me, I suppose. Sometimes I fantasize about building a really elaborate security system which would have robots coming out of a closet and chasing an intruder, like in that old video game "Berserk!".... "INTRUDER ALERT!!! INTRUDER ALERT!!!!" This would only be practical so long as I was not sharing my home with any companion animals, of course. I'd give any humans who were living with me the code to disarm the system.)

Last edited:
@Amy SF I hate people too sometimes...

But about putting just your phone number on a dog's tag, instead of including the address too... I was going to say that someone could look up their address on-line. Then I remembered... most people probably have cell phones these days, instead of a land line which includes my street address in the White Pages entry (like I do).

(correction: I think it just has my city. But my city is small, so someone could go to a city directory and find me, I suppose. Sometimes I fantasize about building a really elaborate security system which would have robots coming out of a closet and chasing an intruder, like in that old video game "Berserk!".... "INTRUDER ALERT!!! INTRUDER ALERT!!!!" This would only be practical so long as I was not sharing my home with any companion animals, of course. I'd give any humans who were living with me the code to disarm the system.)
You just need a guard dog. oh wait...

• Haha
Reactions: Tom L.