The Dog Lovers Thread

A sad story about a good dog. I even met him when he was still alive... and I would have tears in my eyes anyway...

I collect post stamps..... I know... in 2019, the postal department of Russia released a postage stamp portraying the Compassion monument in the memory of Malchik. And so I found out in Russia there are not only post stamps from 2019 but that there actually a monument entitled "Compassion" was erected in Mendeleyevskaya station February 2007!

My experience is that in Russia most parts of society in modern days dont give a sht about each other anymore... thats why this somehow suprised me...

1593823186777.png

RIP buddy... youve been a good boy... a good, gooooood boy!

Last edited:
Sad news...a dog in my town went missing last night because she was frightened by fireworks. Her name was Lucy. She was 14 years old. I have no details...why she was able to run off or how they found her. Only that she died. RIP Lucy. 😭💔
2FA7E52A-DD39-4562-A02E-933B33DE80D8.jpeg

Sad news...a dog in my town went missing last night because she was frightened by fireworks. Her name was Lucy. She was 14 years old. I have no details...why she was able to run off or how they found her. Only that she died. RIP Lucy. 😭💔
View attachment 21674
This is so sad. I really wish the setting off of unauthorized and illegal fireworks would just stop. It was really nuts this year, probably because of the cancellations of all official fireworks shows. Theo was startled more than once with the booms that kept happening last night. I even jumped a couple of times. These things sounded like bombs going off. I really hope it ends now that the Fourth has passed.

• Agree
  • Friendly
Reactions: Val and KLS52
I got my Vischer fix yesterday evening. 😍
They are in the socializing phase but it’s hard with covid. So like it if I stop by to get some hugs and licks in. He is just so amazing. But He’s in biting mode now. I hope they manage to “nip” that in the bud...pun intended. He doesn’t hurt at all...just likes to grab your hand or ankles. But not something you want him doing as he gets older. They have read every article and binge watched videos. They also have an appointment with a trainer who trains police dogs.

I don’t doubt he will be a great dog. His breed is particularly known to be gentle, loving and devoted to family and also very calm, which makes them excellent family dogs. They do however need a lot of exercise and stimulation. I feel like they are up for the challenge.
Makes me want one but I know I don’t have it in me to train a puppy. And I won’t bring an adult rescue into the house with my cats. I just don’t trust it and I don’t know enough about having a dog to take on the task.

"ears are up" you wrote about what looks to me like a Belgian Shepherd Terveuren puppy...

interesting point as yes they have floppy ears until a few months old ...but...whilst i have 2 Belgian Shepherd dogs...the Groenendael Black long haired variety....and my female one is FCI CIE International Grand Champion ...my male...is so huge...his ears never stuck up lol

This is a "fault" as well as his gigantic 5cm above the breed standard maximum height that he is...but...he is not a "show dog" just a disgrace to the Belgian Shepherd PEdigree world for being the world's biggest Belgian Shepherd dog probably ...

He just kept growing ! the ears would not stand up...but the vet said do NOT give extra calcium as some make the mistake of doing to make them stand up..he is getting plenty enough calcium and if you overdose above the aafco etc recommended levels excess calcium is harmful...it can make dogs grow too fast and end up with brittle easy to break bones.

anyway...no such problem...i did not give him extra calcium but he just carried on growing into a powerhouse huge dog with the strength of jaw powers to break a coconut shell in one bite lol

Here is a picture of him that shows how massive he is. Vegan fed of course I add lol ...so the vegan diet...made my female an International Grand Champion she is so superb...and my male...the biggest Belgian Shepherd monster in the world lol ! no lack of protein here lol

ps the last picture is "ears up" the female Grand Champion. falcon fergus dakota.jpgfalcon sakalas.jpgguiness falcon.jpg1977155_10152396380484131_1375505937_n.jpg

He’s getting so big and just turned four months old. He’s such a crazy/funny ball of fluff. Daughter is not happy, hahahahaha. He’s so much work. She knew it would be but she said it’s so much worse than she expected. Luckily SIL is great and the kids are too. They really pitch in. And Vischer is so smart for being so young. He learns commands so quickly.

His main issue is the biting. It’s never aggressive, always playful, which we are being told is normal. He’s getting better but occasionally he gets overexcited and does some damage. Those teeth are razor sharp. 😍
D97CDDED-945F-448D-AFD6-8A59B20DF97C.jpeg

UK HUGE Vegan DOG FOOD DISCOUNTS for a few more days from this Supplier...40% off vegan V-Dog and Benevo vegan dog foods and treats...BANK HOLIDAY SALE UK until 7th September 2020

15kg nuggets of V-Dog USA vegan pet food in the UK at 9 GBP less than normal...for a few days more only ...38.99 gbp

1599417445849.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Amy SF