The Complete Guide To Vegan Food Substitutions

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
I stumbled upon this book on Amazon and thought that it would prove to be useful for anyone who either wants to become
a vegan and/or has basic cooking skills.
You can get it for as little as $1.70 on the US based Amazon site. It is slightly more expensive on the UK one.

https://theflexitarian.co.uk/2013/07/the-complete-guide-to-vegan-food-substitutions/:)

''I have been experimenting with vegan cooking which I first I found a bit daunting. After a few kitchen disasters, I discovered “The Complete Guide to Vegan Food Substitutions”, a fun and informative book for vegans, aspiring vegans or anyone trying to cut down on animal products.

“The Complete Guide to Vegan Food Substitutions” is written by Celine Steen (
Have Cake, Will Travel) and Joni Marie Newman (Just The Food) who have also written “500 Vegan Recipes” and “Hearty Vegan Meals For Vegan Appetites”.

This is such a useful resource as you can simply look at non-vegan ingredients you would like to substitute.They are over 200 vegan substitutions for dairy, eggs, meat, gluten, soy, sugar, fat and animal by-products. “The Complete Guide to Vegan Food Substitutions” also includes a host of recipes using these substitutions. Even though it is an american book measurements are both in cups and metrics''

• Informative
Reactions: Lou and Val
put kala namak on firm tofu and you've got a hard boiled egg white. make egg salad if you like, mash some white bean with mayo for a yolk feel.

Reactions: Forest Nymph