The Coffee House-Come & Chat With Us!(February 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! I have had quite a day! In the morning after exercise, we played ball in a cup, and I didn’t do that great. We throw little bouncy squeeze balls towards a cluster of five plastic wastebaskets, aiming towards the one in the middle. Most of my throws went outside the wastebaskets. I only got a couple in. Then some of us went to a Chinese all you can eat buffet restaurant. Their veg*an options are limited, but they do have tofu. Unfortunately I didn’t like it because they used soft tofu and it was just too mushy. I’m used to firmer tofu. Plus, it needed a LOT of soy sauce. However, the lunch buffet is very cheap ($12), so I filled up on a lot of lo mein noodles. When we came back, Blackjack was already in progress, but I joined in; as usual I didn’t do that great, but it was fun anyway. After that we decorated and ate strawberries for Valentines week. We dipped the strawberries in chocolate and then decorated them before eating them. I got sprinkles everywhere. It’s a good thing I skipped dessert at the restaurant. I decorated and ate two strawberries. I’m back in my room now recharging. Dinner starts in half an hour, but I’m not hungry.

Hi everyone! I have had quite a day! In the morning after exercise, we played ball in a cup, and I didn’t do that great. We throw little bouncy squeeze balls towards a cluster of five plastic wastebaskets, aiming towards the one in the middle. Most of my throws went outside the wastebaskets. I only got a couple in. Then some of us went to a Chinese all you can eat buffet restaurant. Their veg*an options are limited, but they do have tofu. Unfortunately I didn’t like it because they used soft tofu and it was just too mushy. I’m used to firmer tofu. Plus, it needed a LOT of soy sauce. However, the lunch buffet is very cheap ($12), so I filled up on a lot of lo mein noodles. When we came back, Blackjack was already in progress, but I joined in; as usual I didn’t do that great, but it was fun anyway. After that we decorated and ate strawberries for Valentines week. We dipped the strawberries in chocolate and then decorated them before eating them. I got sprinkles everywhere. It’s a good thing I skipped dessert at the restaurant. I decorated and ate two strawberries. I’m back in my room now recharging. Dinner starts in half an hour, but I’m not hungry.
How I miss a good Chinese buffet! We really did have one, they had vegan hot sour soup (my favorite), garlic eggplant tofu, mixed veggies.
I should try the Indian buffet
All I've wanted to do lately is eat. I'm working overtime daily, eat super good for breakfast and lunch, come home and just want to eat. I try and start with a cup of tea, exercise, but really just want to eat
So much crap to put up with lately, so much micromanagement and so little attention given to what would improve things.
I wasted half the day trying to make sense out of incorrect work instructions and part lists, only to find it may not have been the old one I had that was built incorrectly, but all the others built since 2013! But labeling every. single. thing on every. single. shelf is so much more important :hmm::bang::bsm:

Work today was routine. The breakroom has all new furniture now due to the remodel. They are even going to add a sink so we can clean up better. It is another very warm day today but a cool front is coming tonight so it will be more "normal" for the weekend. I had lunch and a nap and now will get on the treadmill for my walk. No plans for the rest of the day.

Lukas and the new girl are being a bit competitive about who gets to sleep closest to me. Unfortunately, this often results in roughly 120 pounds of dog lying on top of me at night.

I also still have to figure out her name.

I started a new job a couple weeks ago for a utility company (in the corporate office). They issue everyone regardless of position a hard hat, a reflective vest and safety glasses. (for occasional site visits)

The "hard" hat is made of thin plastic. What is that supposed to protect me from? A butterfly landing on my head?

I checked to make sure that there wasn't some mistake, but everyone seems to have a hat made from the same material.

OSHA needs to rethink it's standards....

Is it weird that I was in CVS Pharmacy yesterday, and they’ve already got Easter stuff available?

• Agree
Reactions: Val
Is it weird that I was in CVS Pharmacy yesterday, and they’ve already got Easter stuff available?

TJ Maxx started getting in the "Easter bunny stuff" weeks ago. :D We barely get through the Christmas holidays and here comes more holidays!
It was busy at work this morning with lots of last minute Valentine's Day shoppers and the "regular" shoppers. We should be busy all weekend with the Daytona 500 on Sunday bringing in lots of tourists to the area. The remodel is coming along. They were painting in the breakroom today. It smells awful ! It is a cloudy day and much cooler with some scattered showers.

I realize that Valentine’s Day can be difficult for some people, so if you’re someone who wishes the day would just end very quickly, here’s a big hug:
:hug:

Thank you, I am glad you said that and I hear it from someone. I try to think of this as yet a reminder, instead of a negative look at being alone, that I still have a bit of hope left, that a romantic relationship may still be ahead, and to be ready to act for that, though I am old now and more unique than almost any, being an old vegan also a part of that, along with the faith and lifestyle.

Status
Not open for further replies.