The Coffee House-Come & Chat With Us!(February 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone! :smitten: I hope you've had a successful week start.:hh: "Privet" from the "bottom of the sea". (It's so dark, gloomy and wet over here that i feel like we're underwater). It's my last day off, because work starts tomorrow. Friday is technically a off day as well, but this Friday we're going to Mariinsky theatre.🎭🎻🎺🥁💃🎶 We'll be watching "Salome" by Richard Strauss. I'm saying "we", though i have no idea whom i'm going with, as my mom deceived me at the last moment, having "suddenly" remembered that they have a party at work, where they'll be celebrating the 45th anniversary of their kindergarten.:hmm:
My sister Liza, her husband Elijah and my nephew David are going on a brief vacations to a resort village on a lake shore (i'm not sure which one yet). I haven't seen David for a month+, and i miss him a lot.🐥
I've got a lot of work to be done, but i'm procrastinating. I should call my co-workers (Annie and Mr. Gorbatov) and ask them what music i should play by ear (the next lesson),- they always give me some tasks, but i don't mind. My problem is that i'm highly introverted and i hate calling people and interrogating them, even if it's about work issues.
Lol, these are 2 fragments of a very funny rehearsal. It looks so raw, that it's hard to believe that everything is almost ready. Annie keeps "mending" the structure of the dance, and the kids feel confused most of the time because of that never-ending upgrade process. It's "Adagio" from the "Nutcracker" by Pyotr Tchaikovsky. (I was hiding behind the piano at the moment, as my back hurt fiercely after playing for 6 hrs without a single break, haha🎹🔨🔨🔨).

IMG_20200210_143504.jpg

IMG_20200210_143622.jpg

IMG_20200210_143651.jpg

IMG_20200210_143716.jpg

IMG_20200210_143745.jpg

IMG_20200210_143811.jpg

Before getting on a suburban "Martlet" train this evening. Saint-Petersburg, "Square of revolt", at Moscowsky railway station. On the left - is one of the oldest subway stations. It's written on the building: "Hero city - Leningrad".
IMG_20200208_211306.jpg

Morning/afternoon y'all! I have the day off and it is going to be a beautiful warm day! The sun is shining and the sky is very blue. I am going to go to Ollie's Bargain Outlet and see if I can find some bargains. They sent out a 15% off coupon so worth the short trip into Orange City!

Meanwhile, I'm now very upset about Trump being acquitted though this personally is a beautiful day, and am once again considering leaving the country to teach English, I feel both privileged and abashed.

Trump's acquittal was a foregone conclusion. Did you really expect the GOP to "see the light" and vote to convict?

Thank you guys.. :) ((((((hug))))) :smitten: nice to see this new forum.. good to be around online a little. Maybe when things here arent such a hot mess i will be able to make a more regular presence..

My brother is back in NZ right now.. but just to sort out his stuff, then he and my SIL will be back n England again.. they might stay there as long as 2 years..

Dont have a lot to report except the busyness of everything and my wish for autumn to be here, and also my dislike of Valentines Day which is looming ..

I had a fun couple of hours over in Orange City! I found some food bargains at Ollie's then walked over to the Dollar General in the same plaza and got cat food which was on sale. Then I went to the Kohl's plaza because there is a Dollar Tree and Goodwill there. I parked at one end and walked the full length of the plaza. I went in Kohl's and checked out the clearance but their prices are plain scary! :D For example: the same brand of yoga pants I got at TJ Maxx for $15 are $54!!! Needless to say, I found nothing there! Then I went into Ross just to check to see if they had any good deals. I didn't find anything there so on I went to Goodwill where I found 2 pair of jeans. Last stop was the Dollar Tree where I got frozen steak fries and pepper stir fry veggies. Then home and lunch. I will get on the treadmill in a little while and should have a good total of steps!

Rime tried out his new winter coat last week off. He was not impressed. But it has a strap with a buckle on under the belly, and that doesn't fit for male dogs. But it's a bit warm for walks anyway, so more waiting coat.

Doesn't he look smashing in blue?? The stalker wanted Rime update :p

Not sure I mentioned it on VV, but both his knees and eyes are perfect. :D

IMG_20200203_143655_189.jpg

Rime tried out his new winter coat last week off. He was not impressed. But it has a strap with a buckle on under the belly, and that doesn't fit for male dogs. But it's a bit warm for walks anyway, so more waiting coat.

Doesn't he look smashing in blue?? The stalker wanted Rime update :p

Not sure I mentioned it on VV, but both his knees and eyes are perfect. :D

View attachment 19733
Correction. All of Rime is perfect.

She has an account...I don’t think she’s posted since the merge.

• Informative
Reactions: shyvas
I need to write a CV and an job aplication this week. I haven't done it in 14 years, so it's a bit strange and out of my comfort zone now. :p But if I'm going to get a new job, I need to do that. And since my field I work in is so narrow, I really don't need to write 234 different CVs either....

Status
Not open for further replies.