The change is starting my lil poopy peeps

U

uno

I was camping this weekend at high elevations. I noticed that some of the aspens are starting to change colors already. Surprising as it's only early August, but some were definitely turning. I also saw fresh snow on some of the higher peaks which i never see until mid September. Perhaps this will be a cold and wet winter which we direly need.

Trees here have been losing leaves for more than a month, but that's because it's so dry. We do desperately need a wet winter, to make up some of the water table loss from this year.

Boy that was a hard title! :confused:
Change starting your poopy?

Last winter was very strange in Ohio, very warm, and mercifully dry! Very dry and hot summer.
A wet winter would be ok if it's still warm

Poopy peeps? I'm glad I don't eat peeps.

Things are still pretty green here, though really dry too. We did just have a giant downpour today, I can't remember the last time that happened.

Reactions: AspireToExpire
I am so hoping for a wet fall and winter. I heard last year that we needed 11 feet of snow to make up for last summer's drought, but we barely got one. This summer was even dryer than last.

My husband pulled weeds out of our lawn yesterday, now there is nothing green left.

Well with all the advances in genetic engineering research, I was thinking maybe Uno was sprouting an additional head or limb of some kind. Cybernetics is also very popular. For all we know, underneath he's already circuity and wires.

Or menopause. :yes:

That was my guess. :p

According to one of the farmer's almanacs I got at the drugstore last year, October in Southern California is going to be quite stormy, with an El Nino winter on the way. I hope so. All last winter I kept waiting and wondering, "Where the F is winter already?" :oops:

Well with all the advances in genetic engineering research, I was thinking maybe Uno was sprouting an additional head or limb of some kind. Cybernetics is also very popular. For all we know, underneath he's already circuity and wires.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_One#Deep_One_hybrid

"The backstory of "The Shadow Over Innsmouth" involves a bargain between Deep Ones and humans, in which the aquatic species provides plentiful fishing and gold in the form of strangely formed jewellery. In return, the land-dwellers give human sacrifices and a promise of "mixing"—the mating of humans with Deep Ones. Although the Deep One hybrid offspring are born with the appearance of a normal human being, the individual will eventually transform into a Deep One, gaining immortality—by default—only when the transformation is complete.

The transformation usually occurs when the individual reaches middle age. As the hybrid gets older, he or she begins to acquire the so-called "Innsmouth Look" as he or she takes on more and more attributes of the Deep One race: the ears shrink, the eyes bulge and become unblinking, the head narrows and gradually goes bald, the skin becomes scabrous as it changes into scales, and the neck develops folds which later become gills. When the hybrid becomes too obviously non-human, it is hidden away from outsiders. Eventually, however, the hybrid will be compelled to slip into the sea to live with the Deep Ones in one of their undersea cities."