Animal Advocacy The Animal Activism/Rights/Welfare thread



Some more devastating news as this is the second death in this park within a couple of months. Many dog owners simply refuse to keep their dogs on a lead whilst near wildlife with dire consequences. Moreover, it would seem that the local council doesn't give a hoot.

"Boris and Doris are two of many characters on Stanley Park in Blackpool. We have loved these two swans and cared for them for several years, keeping them fed during every bird flu season, along with support feeding their yearly broods (which they almost always sadly lose to bird flu there every winter).
We are sharing photos of them in happier times.
Heartbreakingly, Doris has had to be put to sleep this evening following a suspected dog attack injury that certainly hadn't happened today and had left her with her shoulder ripped out of the joint and a severe compound wing fracture (bones irreparably sticking out).
Thanks to the dog owner, who like many other persons on Stanley Park, chose not to control their dog on a lead around wildlife, our vet had no choice but to end her suffering. Thank you to Adrian and team at The Veterinary Health Centre Ltd for helping Doris this evening.
Doris had 5 babies at present with Boris. It will forever be etched on our mind when we had to take her away from her babies this evening never to return. I can't tell you what this does to us too, rescue can be the best but also the worst job in the world.
Boris will be bereft. Can people who know them please look out for him and their little babies with extra food?
These deaths wiill not stop, in our opinion, until the park enforces dogs on leads around wildlife and reinstalls it's rangers to police it. Fylde Council can manage it, why can't Blackpool Council?
We don't have any other words left in us this evening, but we can tell you that Stanley Park is not a safe place for wildlife.

Rest in peace beautiful Doris, we will take care of Boris and your beautiful babies

Life Magazine-Polar Bear Hunting 1947

"A desperate bear cub, hugging the body of his dead mother. The little bear stayed in this position all day and all night, whining and refusing to eat.
This heartbreaking scene is a photo taken in 1947 by the famous photographer Lennart Nilsson on Svalbard and was one of his first photos published in Life Magazine with the title ′′Polar Bear Hunting", in which he described the event: ′′The mother bear escaped. But when she saw that the little one wanted to see us, she returned. Then the mother was shot."

He was a 2-year-old elephant, in his death he folded his legs as if he was still a baby.

The professional hunter is MAX DELEZENNE and the trophy hunter is Mike JINES owner of TopGen ENERGY
  • Angry
Reactions: PTree15