Texting restaurants about veggie options

midtownninja

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I am a lifelong vegetarian and I enjoy food - eating out as well as cooking. When I am picking a restaurant for dining, I often have questions about specifics of their veggie-friendly offerings - questions for which I have no choice but to call the restaurant. I am a busy professional though, and often I am just too busy to call up a restaurant and wait on hold.

I came across this cool new service called Showter - accessible at showter.co - that lets you get answers to these questions over text message. If you want to ask a restaurant questions like 'does the caesar salad dressing have anchovies?' or 'are the veggie burgers cooked on their own grill?' or other questions for which you'd have to call them, you can just type these in on Showter at showter.co and get your answer back conveniently via txt in a few minutes.

I don't know how they do it but I have been able to text every restaurant in my area - the SF Bay Area - and they do say they work with every U.S. business. Anyway I thought I'd pass it along to the folks here. Hope you find it useful!