News Terrorist Attack - London

I assume it must be terrorism. We have been expecting this type of incident for a while, but it is shocking that it was in such a prominent part of London.

Someone on a forum just reminded me that it is the anniversary of the Brussels attack.

I assume it must be terrorism. We have been expecting this type of incident for a while, but it is shocking that it was in such a prominent part of London.

Someone on a forum just reminded me that it is the anniversary of the Brussels attack.

That is right. I walked over Westminster bridge virtually 11 months ago and did the river Thames cruise. I remember all the places so vividly that they are showing on Sky.

Metropolitain police are treating it as a terrorist attack until further notice. So sad.

So horrible. Feel so sad for those people & anyone who witnessed it - it must be absolutely terrifying.

The hospital spokesman said that they were some catastrophic injuries as a SUV ploughed onto people that were on the bridge.

I just heard that 4 people have died and 20 injured. One of the attackers is dead.

I'm just hoping it isn't like Paris and there could be more attacks. I am so furious.

So sorry to read this. It's terrible. :(

This is horrible for those affected, obviously. I was in central London last weekend, and I must admit I did look over my shoulder a bit when I was at a concert.

But in the grand scheme of things, though, this is not even a blip. It's about the same number of deaths as those who die in traffic on a normal day in the UK.

This is horrible for those affected, obviously. I was in central London last weekend, and I must admit I did look over my shoulder a bit when I was at a concert.

But in the grand scheme of things, though, this is not even a blip. It's about the same number of deaths as those who die in traffic on a normal day in the UK.

The following article and table makes some valid points. The table of comparaison speaks for itself ; one has a far higher chance of dying in a road accident than being killed in a terrorist attack. The intent and consequences differ and for most people do not entail the same level of stress in their everyday lives. Extreme terrorist groups aims are to destabilise our way of living.
Some drivers may be potential murderers if under the influence of drugs/alcohol or just reckless but are not terrorists.

With reference to the number of deaths of the UK roads, there is a far higher chance of being killed in most other countries compared to the UK.
In France the high number of deaths on the roads have reached catastrophic levels. I may also add that my stress levels are far more influenced by bad drivers than potential terrorists.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1730293/pdf/v011p00332.pdf