Tempeh crumble or bacon substitute

T

thinman

I thought you just fry tempeh but never got it like the restaurants. What I learnt from the Game Changers website was to bake before frying.

Here in Canada we can buy flavoured tempeh, my fave being sun dried tomato and basil. First I crumble into a cast iron fry pan and bake in an oven for a little but not too much, add some oil and fry on the stove top. This is really good on fries with a vegan cheese sauce and vegan sour cream or on nachos. I make bacon substitute by baking on a tray with parchment paper on.

1594576898556.jpeg

I like tempeh! I often slice thin, saute on each side with just a little oil, then add a mix of liquid smoke, sage, a pinch of brown sugar and water to just cover, then flip when absorbed and add more, cooking till absorbed and golden. Love this for rueben sandwiches
I also just like to crumble in stir fires, with cabbage and onion, or make sausage flavored patties with oats and stuff.

Reactions: INDO TEMPEH HOUSE
I like tempeh! I often slice thin, saute on each side with just a little oil, then add a mix of liquid smoke, sage, a pinch of brown sugar and water to just cover, then flip when absorbed and add more, cooking till absorbed and golden. Love this for rueben sandwiches
I also just like to crumble in stir fires, with cabbage and onion, or make sausage flavored patties with oats and stuff.
Hailing from the diverse land of Indonesia, Aji and Nana first launched Indo Tempeh at farmers’ markets in Christchurch to provide locals with unique vegetarian and vegan dishes inspired by their hometown and their love of tempeh. As well as providing fresh and frozen tempeh to keep in your own fridge, Indo Tempeh also offers ready-to-eat Indonesian classics, from hearty curries to delish satay and rissoles.

Tempeh is a traditional Indonesian food made from soybeans that have been fermented, or broken down by microorganisms.
Following fermentation, the soybeans are pressed into a compact cake that is commonly consumed as a vegetarian source of protein.

In addition to soybeans, tempeh may also be made from other bean varieties, wheat or a mixture of soybeans and wheat (1Trusted Source).

Tempeh has a dry and firm but chewy texture and a slightly nutty taste. It can be steamed, sautéed or baked and is often marinated to add more flavor.

Much like other meatless sources of protein, such as tofu and seitan, tempeh is a popular choice among vegans and vegetarians because it's packed with nutrients.

With tempeh we can make many dishes, making it a very versatile and nutritious food. Our tempeh is made with our passion for wanting to make healthy food suited for all diets. Please do not hesitate to message me if you are interested. Thank you very much❤

A Vegan Product. Proudly Made in New Zealand. Gluten Free. Organic.

We are legit, approved, certified and registered with the Ministry of Primary Industries.

We are now ready to ship our beautiful and healthy tempeh NZ NATIONWIDE.

E-mail : a.bunanta@indotempeh.co.nz
Mobile : 0226384049

https://www.facebook.com/lynchinnz/videos/480406869210936/

In Christchurch, you can find our beautiful healthy and delicious Tempeh at :

Lyttelton Farmers Market. Saturday. 9am to 1pm.

Riccarton Bush Farmers Market. Saturday. 9am to 1pm.

Opawa Farmers Market. Sunday. 9am to 12.

Vegan Makete. The last Saturday of the month.

Riverside Farmers Market. 7 days a week. Monday to Saturday.11am to 6pm.
Sunday. 11am to 5pm.

Christchurch.
Thank you very much❤See you there!! Rain or Shine !🥰🥰