Teaching Kids Love for Animals

Forest Nymph

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Yeah I know kids naturally love dogs or cats, even birds, but I get a chance because of social distancing to develop a lesson on the Indigenous idea of honoring animals as persons. I get to develop a whole lesson on this. I have to use a "fur box" of non-human animal pelts to do so, but guess what, we also teach kids about healing medicine with dead human bodies or skeletons. I am always excited to exchange ideas with Gen Z. I always feel honored to develop their curriculum. I also have to write some 5th grade curriculum about local temperate redwood rain forests. Any time I get to talk to them is good time. I am so proud of my oldest nephew, he is a physicist now. I feel confidence just by knowing him, knowing he knew me and my other scientist sisters and ran with it. I want to give other children wheels to glide as they spend time in their corona homes.

What gives me the most feeling of life during this time is my own personal practices, but being able to reach out to the next generation this way. I am so happy this is my job, to educate kids about the personhood of animals in a non-white world.

I will say though knowing my oldest nephew gives me the strongest sense of who I am. OMG who is this amazing human being? He knows how to design crystals or something. I wish I could give him everything. I wish I could empower these children with everything I know, with everything I have. How was I so blessed with children I could serve like my grandparents, who also support me in every way with their old-fashioned sensible ways? I love these kids in an impersonal way. I want to shout it from the roof tops. This generation is here to save the human race. We must support them.

My professor was talking about her elementary school kids texting her in the middle of the night. These are our people. These are the people we are saving the planet for, besides ourselves, this is our human legacy. Let us love them in any way we know how. Other profs are homeschooling their own kids. An opportunity to make an entire generation of people humble, self-sufficient, and responsible. What a time to be alive.

The purpose I serve right now entirely comes from the animals I can save and the children I can teach. If I can be one child's hero, even if it is my physicist nephew, I will have done my job on this earth.

I feel so empowered by my job, so lucky I get to write curriculum and teach. Imagine all the forgotten nurses and grocery store workers.

I wake up thinking about nurses and doctors, and hear the song "Fame" in my head. Remember if you are bored or stifled, your best friend from high school heard Fame while going to nursing school. Her family is potentially dying now. Live her legacy. Love our nurses. I want to incorporate this later. So many of my high school friends are nurses. I will teach kids. They will save their parents or grandparents lives. I cant cope with their sacrifice. It's too real for someone as vain and romantic as me. I couldn't do it. But I will listen to my nephew. And teach his cohorts. I feel I have waited for this moment my whole life. What A Feeling. Take your passion, and make it happen.

Reactions: David3 and Lou
What if I have to comfort people's kids? At least two of my high school best friends are nurses. What if one of them dies? One is fat she always has been, what if I have to comfort her kids? I knew your mom in her late teens and early twenties. I love you because I loved her. What if Nurse Sarah dies? What will I do? I am the teacher. I keep seeing her dead. She's a nurse and she's fat. She eats animal products. Will I adopt her children, comfort her children, become a cold alcoholic? What will I do? Will I be Betty Draper?

Am I Betty Draper?

No. I just had my first wine in three weeks and decided to come here and post. I was never dead, I actually do much better when I stay away from this place, and social media in general. Cutting down on drinking and social media is partly to blame for absences here, and just a life revelation that spending too much time on any forum, including this one, is toxic and self-destructive.

No. I just had my first wine in three weeks and decided to come here and post. I was never dead, I actually do much better when I stay away from this place, and social media in general. Cutting down on drinking and social media is partly to blame for absences here, and just a life revelation that spending too much time on any forum, including this one, is toxic and self-destructive.
Yea sure. I didn't post here for a while too... because I have a lot to do in the real world. Also sometimes I prefer to chalenge non-vegan online. I think it is more efficient at spreading the vegan message than arguing with fellow vegans or/and giving likes to their chinwags.
Actually, hen I asked if you were "back from the deads", I refered to you being temporarily banned.

I am still teaching the Gen Z childs about life with animals. Despite any jokes or destractions, I am doing this. My point of saying these things, without the pandemic wine, I am teaching our children. I am happy and I am free, I teach children. About animals. That is my job. Hallelujah.