Target Launches Line of Vegan Meats

Calliegirl

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
They already carry Gardein products, but this is great news. It means they realize the market is growing and worth getting into. I hope they're still going to carry Gardein even though it's competition for them.

That Korean barbecue one looks really good. I may have to make a trip to Target.
Target is a one-stop-shop for virtually everything—groceries included. We’ve long been singing praises for the many vegan products that are appearing on Target shelves—from several varieties of soy milk to Gardein cutlets to Annie’s vegan gummies.

The increasing presence of vegan food at Target is a testament to the growth of vegan culture, and the growing demand for cruelty-free products. That’s why we are ecstatic about the news that Target just launched their very own line of plant-based meats. Why is this significant? Meatless products have been tested across thousands of Target stores, and they must be doing quite well for Target to invest in their own varieties of these products...

Target Launches Line of Vegan Meats

target-meats-675x250.jpg

Reactions: SuicideBlonde
Hmmm.....I've been reading the reviews from those who have tried them and most don't like them. They say they are rubbery :( . I wonder if they're made by the company makes the Trader Joe's brand chicken-less strips. Those are awful and rubbery. I'm still going to try it for myself though.

It'll be interesting to know what the list of ingredients are; most probably wheat gluten if they are rubbery. I have tasted many of the Gardein products and must say they all taste fabulous.

Hmmm.....I've been reading the reviews from those who have tried them and most don't like them.

Not 100% on topic ...

I once had a business meeting with the production manager of what was. at the time, the UK's leading manufacturer of faux meat foods.

Told the guy that I had tried his companies fishless fish cakes and thought they were rather good.

His reply; "They are crap. Everything we make is crap. F*cking vegetarians. All they are is fussy eaters and crap is all they deserve."

Sole point being that I'm not always surprised when vegetarian foods entering the market are found to be slightly 'sub par'.

I've tried two of these; they were so inedible, I spat them into the garbage.

I think they've purposely made a vegan product so terrible, it chases people away.