Taco bell's vegan crunchwrap

Lou

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
TACO BELL’S VEGAN CRUNCHWRAP SUPREME HAS FINALLY ARRIVED
Full article here.

Wasn't it just a little while ago that Forbes said that eventually, vegan news would be so common that it wouldn't be reported on?
- Forbes

Seems like that day is just a little closer.

Well, Taco Bell has always been vegetarian - friendly. Then they put the word vegetarian on their menu. and got AVA certification. Now they are going vegan. I haven't been to TB in a while but I think they have always had menu items that were easy to veganize.

I do have some nitpicking with the reporting in this article. You cannot go into a TB right now and get a CrunchWrap (I think). So it hasn't really "finally arrived". "Coming soon" would be more accurate. Reading the article closely it's going to be a rollout starting in Dallas.

Also, the beautiful picture of a CrunchWrap did not get made in a Taco Bell but got made by "Lindsay of the food blog A Pinch of Yum".

But still... Score one for our side!

(If a CrunchWrap actually looked like that - I would buy one! Heck, I'll probably buy one anyway just to say "Good Job, Taco Bell. Go Vegans!" :)

@ Lou - NO food that's in a professional photo is made by the person selling the "food." The "meal" in the photo is made by the food stylist hired for the photo shoot (maybe not so for some smaller restaurants, but certainly for a chain restaurant). And I put "food" in quotes because even if it's a photo of vegetables, it's in no way edible. Food styling is an art - they get paid very well to paint (often literally) the picture of perfect food on a plate. (Egg whites are often used to make foam on top of a beer mug, ice cubes are synthetic [and expensive!], sesame seeds are glued on to burger buns, etc.)

@ Lou - NO food that's in a professional photo is made by the person selling the "food." The "meal" in the photo is made by the food stylist hired for the photo shoot (maybe not so for some smaller restaurants, but certainly for a chain restaurant). And I put "food" in quotes because even if it's a photo of vegetables, it's in no way edible. Food styling is an art - they get paid very well to paint (often literally) the picture of perfect food on a plate. (Egg whites are often used to make foam on top of a beer mug, ice cubes are synthetic [and expensive!], sesame seeds are glued on to burger buns, etc.)

Oh yeah, I did know that. so kudos to the reporter to owning up to that.

Yeah, I've never seen a whopper that looked like the ones in the commercial. I read about how they fake the ice cream in commercials.

Oh! here is a video

catchy tune too!!

Reactions: TofuRobot
I used to work in a commercial photography studio. We shot all the burger shots for one of the very large burger chains (the shots that go on the menu board), and we shot *a lot* of beer. ;)

I used to work in a commercial photography studio. We shot all the burger shots for one of the very large burger chains (the shots that go on the menu board), and we shot *a lot* of beer. ;)

Cool. From the outside looking in that sounds like fun.

Honestly it's just going to make ordering easier. You can already order a vegan crunch wrap by putting in substitutions. I've done it before, it's just a lot to substitute.

People in L.A. are used to it. I noticed it was super easy to get vegan subs when I lived in Los Angeles, probably because of the sheer numbers of vegan customers they get, and they typically wouldn't even try to charge me for subs. People where I live now are little slower about it, but they are pretty nice about it still.