SysAdmin Day

Second Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Today, 27. July, is System Administrator Appreciation Day.

July 27, 2018 – 19th Annual

Your network is secure, your computer is up and running, and your printer is jam-free. Why? Because you’ve got an awesome sysadmin (or maybe a whole IT department) keeping your business up and running. So say IT loud; say IT proud …

Happy SysAdmin Day!

More: System Administrator — Appreciation Day

Well, I haven't really been doing much sysadmin work recently for VV, but thanks :)

However, we all have much to be grateful for. Sysadmins keep the Internet running. Netflix, Facebook, Twitter, Google Search, Google Mail, Wikipedia, and so on and so forth all depend on sysadmins toiling away to keep the services up and running in good condition.

Sysadmins are like The Elders of the Internet!
(Also, don't miss the next part - Jen's speech to the shareholders.)

LOL!

images

That last one is funny...and the first thing they always tell you is, REBOOT, lol.

Reactions: MadamSarcastra
That last one is funny...and the first thing they always tell you is, REBOOT, lol.

The IT people where I work love it when I contact them. I will have already rebooted three tunes, cleared my cookies and cache, deleted bookmarks, and called the tech support of the particular website with which I am having a problem. AND all of this is included in the support request I send them, so they know it’s not any of the super common dumb things they might have been dealing with right before me.

Reactions: KLS52 and Val
This is weird but they are celebrating Sysadmin day today(!), in Abakan, Khakassia. There are "sysadmin competitions" between participants: they throw defunct PC keyboards and mice to reach maximum distance and also throw such mice (with their "tails" cut out) into an empty distant basket.:rolleyes: