Sweet potato recipes, weirder the better!

silva

Forum Legend
Reaction score
I was given a LOT of sweet potatoes. I really dislike them, but they're one food I really try to eat, 'cause they're cheap and nutritious.
I really hate them sweet-something I try and offset with spices and heat. I really hate the texture, so I mash. I think mashed with spread, Fox Point seasoning, salt and pepper and some oatmilk is my favorite way to eat
A spicy peanut stew is also good- I don't mash them in that, but they're super soft from IP
Anything different?
I'm thinking subbing for pumpkin in a quick bread, but anyone have a quickbread specific to sweet potatoes?
These are good and fresh at least! No strings

I love mashed yam or sweet potatoes with a splash of maple syrup.

As for recipes, I might suggest a sweet potato shepherds pie, maybe with some beyond or impossible ground. It would work very well with a nice mushroom gravy.

Reactions: Lou
Not terribly weird but I googled.

Pancakes
Waffles
Sweet potato bread
Croquettes
Falafel
Gnocchi
Hummus
Pie
Pudding

Reactions: Lou
I love sweet potatoes as they make great homemade fries/wedges etc and they cook/bake much faster than regular potatoes.

For Thanksgiving I also put them in a pot with squash, rutabaga, turnips, parsnips, boil them and mix in maple syrup, spices etc to have as a side.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: KLS52 and Lou
I just use them in the same way as ordinary potatoes. However, if I'm making mash as a topping for cottage pie, I usually add 1/3 of cauliflower florets (mashed) as I find sweet potatoes far too sweet!
I can't imagine what they taste like with added maple syrup and marshmallows! o_O

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
I just use them in the same way as ordinary potatoes. However, if I'm making mash as a topping for cottage pie, I usually add 1/3 of cauliflower florets (mashed) as I find sweet potatoes far too sweet!
I can't imagine what they taste like with added maple syrup and marshmallows! o_O
Delicious of course! 😁

• Haha
Reactions: Emma JC and shyvas