Swap Shop UK

IamJen

Forum Legend
Supporter
Reaction score
Hey, we're in the midst of trying to clean out the house/scale down our possessions, yada yada. I've a few things that are of more interest to vegheads than to our average Freecycler. I have on offer:

- The Everything Vegan Pregnancy Book
- Live to 100, by John Robbins
- Eat to Live, by Joel Fuhrman
- Behind the Mask DVD (about Animal Rights activism to the extreme)

If you are interested in any of these (and you live in the UK), just send me a PM and I can post them to you. Would rather someone make use of them than having them sit on our shelves, or those of a charity shop. :)

Oh, that's a good idea. Can you change thread titles? (I'm not sure who can do what here, heh).

Can this be for thing other than vegan items...like cds, clothes etc?

I don't see why not. I think everything in this thread needs to be given away, though, to avoid 'so-and-so didn't send me this'. Although I suppose we could also use it to post up eBay links if we're selling stuff, if that's not totally against some rules I don't know about. But mostly I just figured we'd all do what Ms. Chain did, and post up a list of stuff we want to get rid of, have people PM us if they want stuff, and edit the lists when stuff gets taken.

^ Really cool idea. :)

I do worry trust issues involving addresses a bit though.

Anyone taking part should be wary of putting personal info on the internet. Addresses should only be PMed, you should only disclose your own address, anyone who recieves addresses should treat them with discretion and not disclose them to anyone else. If you feel like there's somebody you wouldn't trust with your address, don't give it to them :p As far as I recall, we never had any issues with the package exchanges, which worked on a similar system, so I don't see why this should be a problem as long as people are careful :)

PMs or emails.
I think I woldnt only be wary if some random newbie was wanting to take part.
I did a thing like this on a Goth forum a few years back basically just
'i have a stripey jumper'
'i have a top with a skull on'
swap...ok then.

I have "a vegan taste of the Caribbean" if anybody would like it :) It's totally new, and really good - but I have two because my fiance and my parents bought me one last Christmas.

On the trust issue note, I don't see why it's an issue because if it's individuals deciding to give different individuals their address via PM, you can just choose if it's a person you're comfortable giving your address too individually. Unlike exchanges where you don't know who will get your address. :)