Survey question for my stats class!

Soybeanqueen

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hello!
I just created an account and this is my first time posting. I have been vegan for almost 8 years and I can't believe I didn't know about this forum.

For my Stats class we were asked to come up with a survey question, which had to be something that mattered to you/you cared about- so here is my question...

In which year did you become a vegan?

I would post this as a poll, but since there can be such a wide range of years, I was hoping you'd just post your answer.

Thank you so much!

Reactions: xybernick

Lou

Master
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I would like you to rephrase the question.
I've never finished "becoming a vegan". For me (going all Zen-like) its a journey. There is a destination. But I haven't arrived yet. I put my first foot on the road about 20 years ago. And only about 8 years ago did I decide to call myself vegan. So if you want a year, I can be 2010, too.

However, I do have a good suggestion. And it's a poll that your classmates can participate in and maybe learn something from.

"Just in the USA, how many chickens do you think are slaughtered a day? "

A. 25 billion
B 25 million
C 25 thousand
d. 25 hundred

Answer: B

Reactions: Sax

xybernick

Novice
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I would like you to rephrase the question.
I've never finished "becoming a vegan". For me (going all Zen-like) its a journey. There is a destination. But I haven't arrived yet. I put my first foot on the road about 20 years ago. And only about 8 years ago did I decide to call myself vegan. So if you want a year, I can be 2010, too.

However, I do have a good suggestion. And it's a poll that your classmates can participate in and maybe learn something from.

"Just in the USA, how many chickens do you think are slaughtered a day? "

A. 25 billion
B 25 million
C 25 thousand
d. 25 hundred

Answer: B

I'm sure you meant well but this comes of as extremely condescending

Connie

Practitioner
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
For me, I haven't finished becoming began because I rescue chickens and my family and I eat their eggs (but only their eggs. We don't buy eggs or eat products with eggs in them) it is only because I know how well cared for they are (now) that in happy to eat their eggs.

If I don't count their eggs then I became vegan just over a decade ago after developing a severe and live threatening allergy to milk and all milk products. So either there is no answer or its 2007.

mikek

Devotee
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hello!
I just created an account and this is my first time posting. I have been vegan for almost 8 years and I can't believe I didn't know about this forum.

For my Stats class we were asked to come up with a survey question, which had to be something that mattered to you/you cared about- so here is my question...

In which year did you become a vegan?

I would post this as a poll, but since there can be such a wide range of years, I was hoping you'd just post your answer.

Thank you so much!

approx 1983