Survey: healthier option in Fast food restaurant

ludiusX

Newcomer
Reaction score
I am in a customer habit research project on how does health conscious people, such as vegetarians and vegans think about healthy options in fast food restaurant. Our case is In-N-Out restaurant. If you have eaten at In-N-Out and you have the spare time, please voice your opinion in the following survey. It will take less than a minute. Many thanks, you guys are awesome!!
Link: goo.gl/forms/wrQr5YV9Mf

I've never eaten at an In-N-Out but it would be nice if they added a veggieburger to their menu.

I ate there when I was a vegetarian. They offer a cheeseburger minus the meat that includes cheese and all the condiments (tomato, onion, etc) and call it a grilled cheese (it's called a veggie burger if you get it with out the cheese as well). The food was good, but hardly healthy.

The link was removed until you post more.

Fast food tends to be not healthy even when it's the healthiest food offered. It's all a matter of perspective. What WE think of as unhealthy is often considered healthy by omnis. Compared to a Big Mac, a green salad with chicken seems a lot healthier, and the FF companies call salads and potatoes and whatnot "healthy" to assuage the guilt of customers told by their doctors they must eat a healthier diet and give up the grease and fat.

I know that fast food is unhealthy, but I am glad there are more veg options any and everywhere. I can eat healthy at home and at work, but times like this past weekend, travelling to a North Carolina wedding as the only vegan, seeing the Taco Bell nearby let me know that i could get something to eat if necessary. I didn't end up needing to go there, as the food I brought plus a quick grocery stop and refrigerator in the hotel room, and a considerate bride and groom ensured there was delish food for me.

Years ago, I remember being in a situation where I was really hungry because there was absolutely nothing vegan, no choices. I went to bed hungry that night, and don't want that to ever happen again.

So ya, on the reg, no fast food for me, but good in emergency situations! (Except Chipotle and this one local falafel place, oh and local business Taco Bus....) OK OK I do know I should eat healthier alllll the time lol. [emoji4]

Oh, OP, I took the survey but have never eaten at an In and Out, so I just got the one question.

Healthy Fast Food Is Nothing But A Myth

I am sorry, but that article (or at least the headline) is not well written IMO.

They clearly state that they only compared the caloric content of the food, and nothing else.

They also clearly stated that they do NOT want the lesson to take away to be "a burger on white bun has less calories than guacamole, so eat the burger". But the title seems to suggest just that, suggesting (IMO) that regardless where you go (Chipotle, Subway, Panera, etc..), fast food is fast food and as such unhealthy.

I am sorry, but that article (or at least the headline) is not well written IMO.

They clearly state that they only compared the caloric content of the food, and nothing else.

They also clearly stated that they do NOT want the lesson to take away to be "a burger on white bun has less calories than guacamole, so eat the burger". But the title seems to suggest just that, suggesting (IMO) that regardless where you go (Chipotle, Subway, Panera, etc..), fast food is fast food and as such unhealthy.
Hey, I didn't write it.... and I would say fewer calories, of course. LOL :p I haven't eaten "fast food" in YEARS, and I've only been officially vegetarian since 2014 (no tapering off, either... I had a stuffed chicken breast one night & the next I didn't, and haven't since... nor have I craved any veggie meat-mimics, i.e. tofu bacon, fake chicken whatever, blehhh... just a personal opinion, calm down. (this sort of comment got me in trouble elsewhere :rolleyes:)

I feel tons better knowing EXACTLY what I'm eating because I'm the one that makes it... I guess that's the point. I just have to trust that the food I buy is safe.... that's another issue entirely.
I did my time in the food & drink industry and trust me, it's frightening what goes on behind the scenes. No, thanks. :dismay:

Is there a website that shows all the fast food vegetarian alternatives?
In the U.S. there is this compilation:
THE VEGETARIAN RESOURCE GROUP -- FAST FOOD INFORMATION

I haven't stepped foot inside a fast food restaurant since 2010 (even before I was vegan). In fact I eat out maybe a handful of time per year. I too used to work in the fast food industry and it's pretty scary lol. From an ethical perspective though, encouraging veggie options makes a difference at least for the animals, considering the vast amount of slaughter required to keep the fast food industry alive. I really don't care for the lack of decent wages and benefits for employees, while the executives are doing fairly well compared to most of us.

I am however, guilty of an occasional Cliff bar or Amy's frozen burrito. And I've tried Daiya Cheezecake at least once. :blush: