Surrogate Mum - 17 th baby.

Any addiction that affects ones physical health like that can't be healthy. While in her younger days it may have been a generous gesture to carry someone else's child to term, she is now at a high risk age that endangers herself and the fetus. I would think at this point that the doctors involved would decline her.

Reactions: KLS52
Any addiction that affects ones physical health like that can't be healthy. While in her younger days it may have been a generous gesture to carry someone else's child to term, she is now at a high risk age that endangers herself and the fetus. I would think at this point that the doctors involved would decline her.

I agree but somehow the doctors have given her the thumbs up.

I know someone who had a baby via ivf at the age of 50!

She and the fetus are at high risk, even though the eggs are probably younger than the surrogate. Delivering that many children is extremely hard on the body, and in addition, she runs cardiac and other risks due to her age (and she looks overweight, another risk factor.) The physicians in my office (we do IVF etc) would never use her as a surrogate.

She and the fetus are at high risk, even though the eggs are probably younger than the surrogate. Delivering that many children is extremely hard on the body, and in addition, she runs cardiac and other risks due to her age (and she looks overweight, another risk factor.) The physicians in my office (we do IVF etc) would never use her as a surrogate.

I'm also quite surprised that British doctors have let this happen.:no:

Sad. :(

It surprises me, what some doctors will do, for example implanting large numbers of embryos, and then there are those who "indulge" patients' desires for clearly excessive cosmetic surgery.

Also, the surrogate and the couple who want the baby/babies had met only the night before in an online chat?!?!

Reactions: ledboots
Sad. :(

It surprises me, what some doctors will do, for example implanting large numbers of embryos, and then there are those who "indulge" patients' desires for clearly excessive cosmetic surgery.

Also, the surrogate and the couple who want the baby/babies had met only the night before in an online chat?!?!

There is a lot of money involved. The clinic makes big bucks and the surrogate mum earns around 15000 £.

There is a lot of money involved. The clinic makes big bucks and the surrogate mum earns around 15000 £.
I understand that. However, doctors have a professional responsibility that transcends (at least theoretically) the need/desire to make money.

I understand that. However, doctors have a professional responsibility that transcends (at least theoretically) the need/desire to make money.

Yes, in theory but some of those that work in private practices bend the rules.:rolleyes:

Last edited: