Children Supplements

Charliesam

Newcomer
Reaction score
Do you give your children any supplements ? Mine are 14, 11 and 4. I never have done but having turned vegatarian and hoping cut back on dairy and eggs as much as possible at first wondering if they need a supplement. From my reading so far the only real issue I can see is with vit b12 and possibly vit d. I have been adding marmite ( a spoon) to lots of dishes , is this enough ?

There is a multi-vitamin you can buy from the Vegan Society web page called "Veg1" which is supposed to cover everything vegans need, which would probably work well for you as well. Although personally I think it's a bit low on vitamin D, at least during the darker, colder and cloudier months of the year when the skin is not exposed much to sunshine. (Sunshine is the best source of vitamin D.) So I take some extra vitamin D.

Many plant milks have been fortified with B12 and D (see the ingredients), but not in very high doses. Still, it helps. Especially for B12 because it's more effectively absorbed in small quantities.