Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

KLS52

Forum Legend
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
Seitan made with jackfruit, and unfortunately the gravy was a packet mix that was only brown and salty!
Wow! Do you blend the jackfruit or chop it fine?
I have a vegan cafe one town over that serves jackfruit in a Mexican bowl and in a chicken salad. I’m going to try it one day. I’m curious about how you use it in Seitan.

silva

Forum Legend
Supporter
Reaction score
Wow! Do you blend the jackfruit or chop it fine?
I have a vegan cafe one town over that serves jackfruit in a Mexican bowl and in a chicken salad. I’m going to try it one day. I’m curious about how you use it in Seitan.
I've hated jackfruit every way by itself, but it's wonderful in seitan. I like the texture it adds
This recipe. I used the food processor to pulse the jackfruit till just minced, then added to a bowl with seasonings and vwg and kneaded just a bit, and let rest
I've made Gaz's brisket that was lots of steps, and this is soooo much like it, but easy!

• Informative
Reactions: KLS52

KLS52

Forum Legend
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
Thanks! I think I saw you post that in another thread but I never liked pastrami so I didn’t look at it. This sounds/ good. If I try it I’ll probably adjust some of the seasonings. I also don’t like the flavor of smoked foods. I bet I could try jackfruit in my TikTok Seitan nuggets! I also want to try some kind mashed bean/legume at some point. I think shyvas adds beans to her seitan. I’ve been adding tofu and chickpea flour and I love the texture. I bet the jackfruit or beans would have the same effect.

500channelsurfer

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Vegan rice/quinoa/bean ratatouille:

In chronological order in a big pot:

Water; red kidney and pinto beans; olive oil; onion; garlic; bell pepper; salt; whole grain basmati rice, quinoa and red lentils; tomato and eggplant cubed; ginger, pepper and green spice mix; broccoli and green onions; B12 yeast. :)

PS - all organic

• Informative
Reactions: EllieW and Emma JC

PTree15

Beach bum
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
thanksgiving dinner was delicious - Gardein Turkey rolls/gravy, leftover potato made into wedges, carrot/parsnip/turnip boiled and mashed, dressing/stuffing, homemade cranberry sauce - no room for dessert and lots of dressing left over :starshower:

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com
Happy Thanksgiving, Emma, and to all our Canadian members.

I'm not sure what I'm having tonight. I had a buffalo seitan sub with melted vegan cheese for lunch. I might have veggie spring rolls and spicy peanut Thai noodles.