News Streaker strikes New Zealand - Argentina rugby match

Second Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
The streaker who disrupted Napier's first All Blacks Test in almost two decades sparked security concerns and soured an otherwise "outstanding" event the city's leaders hope to repeat.

All Blacks coach Steve Hansen labelled 25-year-old streaker Rose Kupa's antics "a pain in the backside" after Saturday's Test match, while Israel Dagg laughed off the slap on the bum Kupa gave him as she dashed past.

"I was actually aiming for Richie [McCaw]," Kupa said.
More:
I was aiming for Richie McCaw: the confession of Napier streaker (includes pictures)
The decision by police was met with hefty criticism and claims of sexism, as it came after a man pleaded guilty to a charge of offensive behaviour and was fined $500 in July for streaking during an All Blacks Test against England.
Police reveal why All Blacks streaker was only given a warning - Rugby News | TVNZ (includes video)

Personally, I think it was liberating to see a real, slightly more average-looking naked woman for a change, using her body in a more natural activity (running), as a antidote to all the photoshopped naked women used in advertising. I think the police decision was the right one in this case, but if the previous incident with the man was truly similar (and he didn't have any previous history with the law), then he should have been given similar treatment as well.

This never happens when I go to rugby matches - the best we get is Mr Doyle* crapping on the pitch o_O

Anyone remember Erica Roe?

Erica-Roe-1982-006.jpg

* Mr Doyle is an Irish Wolfhound, the current mascot of London Irish.

I had an almost streaker at my wedding reception back in 1974...my dad's cousin. Made it all the way down to his underwear before someone finally stopped him. [emoji33]

Reactions: Tom L.