'Stabbed and stabbed' - one accountant dead, two injured

robert99

On the boat
Reaction score
Australia -
'Stabbed and stabbed': Bloody Moe Monday leaves one accountant dead, two injured
Work this one out!
Financial planner Carl Richardson, who viciously stabbed his bosses, was a loving dad with no animosity towards his colleagues, a close friend says.

Mr Richardson turned up to work at RGM Financial Group in Moe as usual on Monday.

Two days earlier he had celebrated his 48th birthday.

The friend, who did not wish to be named, said Mr Richardson had not spoken badly of his colleagues at RGM.

Within half an hour of arriving at work he'd stabbed two of his bosses - RGM partner and Racing Victoria board member Pearse Morgan and accounting director Joe Auciello.

He said Mr Richardson had not exhibited any strange behaviour before the stabbing.

Mr Auciello, 31, was stabbed first, slashed to the neck and mouth.

Mr Morgan, well-known in the racing industry and a lifetime Gippsland resident, told a friend from his hospital bed on Monday that he "heard a commotion" before seeing his colleague being "stabbed and stabbed".

"I saw my partner being stabbed and stabbed," he told his friend.

"I ran out and tried to intervene and then I went blank."

Mr Morgan, 58, was stabbed in his left eye, abdomen and arm, but was conscious.

Mr Richardson fled the scene, his white shirt covered in blood.

He was found dead on the ground next to his car in Hayes Road in Newborough, a small town near Moe where he lived, having shot himself.

Inspector Dean Thomas said the attack was out-of-character, and did not believe threats or altercations had occurred previously in the office.

(Rage attack - blackmail? Secretly gay? Wife cheating on him with colleague? bullying?)

Last edited: