TV & Film SPOILER: Downton Abbey Season Three Ending

Joe

Forum Legend
Reaction score
I don't know how to ask this question without totally spoiling it for those who have not seen it, so if you have not seen it, please do not read this thread.

But at the end of Season Three Matthew is in a car accident and is thrown from the vehicle.

We see him bleeding profusely from the head.

My question is: Is he definitely dead? Or is there some possibility that he is alive and will be rushed to the hospital and somehow survive?

What do you think? I thought the ending allowed for some possibility he would survive, but maybe that is just wishful thinking on my part.

He's definitely dead. Dan Stevens (the actor) has left the show to pursue a film career. Much like Jessica Brown Findlay (Sybil) did.

He's definitely dead. Dan Stevens (the actor) has left the show to pursue a film career. Much like Jessica Brown Findlay (Sybil) did.

Ah, thank you for that information. I knew nothing about the actor's career choices.

He sure looked dead, and it was presented it in a way that left little doubt. I would really question the integrity of the show if they miraculously brought him back. Sad though.