Speciesism: The Original Discrimination | ft. Gary Yourofsky

Bite Size Vegan

Vegan Fruit-Ninja
Reaction score

Speciesism is the assumption of human superiority leading to the exploitation of animals. It is the false belief that non-human animals do not have nor deserve the same rights as we humans. It is the oldest form of discrimination on this planet, and it is as strong as ever. In this interview, vegan activist Gary Yourofsky shares his thoughts on speciesism and we both implore everyone to take off the blinders, and confront this unreality.

I'm wondering if specieism really is the mother of all ism's.

Even with same species/race/gender/religion/whatever people still seem to ism'ise.

Mebbe the motherism is actualy 'otherism'?

'Otherism' being the syndrome whereby all of us will, when interests conflict sufficiently, instinctively put others second in favour of 'me'.

I'm feeling sorry for GY again too ...

It's like he has had to let his mind go into the depths of animal hell in order to help other people see it.

That too few people who haven't (almost literaly) got the sharp end of a pitchfork rammed up their own fat jacksies don't give a damn seems to hurt him deeply.

I'm feeling sorry for GY again too ...

It's like he has had to let his mind go into the depths of animal hell in order to help other people see it.

That too few people who haven't (almost literaly) got the sharp end of a pitchfork rammed up their own fat jacksies don't give a damn seems to hurt him deeply.

very true- being an advocate for the animals at that level takes getting into the very thick of it.