Sown Organic Oat Creamer

Amanda#314

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
I wanted to share that I recently discovered Sown oat creamer and it is the best alternative to half and half I have tried so far. I'm in love!!! Has anyone else tried this creamer?

Reactions: silva
I wanted to share that I recently discovered Sown oat creamer and it is the best alternative to half and half I have tried so far. I'm in love!!! Has anyone else tried this creamer?
I don't use creamer in drinks, but I have been thinking of a custard pie.
I now have Planet Oat extra creamy, which is super good. Is Sown like a cream you'd use as a heavy cream sub?
I'm not too sure what I'm looking for, the recipe calls for 'vegan double cream'

I'm not too sure what I'm looking for, the recipe calls for 'vegan double cream'

Double cream in the UK has a very high fat content. The equivalent in the US is heavy cream.

1616743188476.png

Elmlea Plant Double 270ml is our delicious, dairy free multipurpose 100% plant based cream alternative. It has a wonderfully creamy taste perfect for whipping up in desserts, pouring over pudding or stirring in to sauces or pasta for richer, creamier results.

I don't use creamer in drinks, but I have been thinking of a custard pie.
I now have Planet Oat extra creamy, which is super good. Is Sown like a cream you'd use as a heavy cream sub?
I'm not sure if it could be used as a heavy cream sub, but it is the closest to half and half that I have tasted so far. I use the unsweetened version. You could always try it and see what happens. I bet it would be good in smoothies too :) Let me know if you decide to try it in your recipe.