Social Media’s Censorship War Against Vegans

Bite Size Vegan

Vegan Fruit-Ninja
Reaction score

Censorship of the truth and bias against vegan accounts is yet another extension of our global society’s willful denial of what we are doing to animals and our planet. In this video I discuss the disturbing undercurrent of social media censorship as a whole. YouTube is trying to silence me. Help me fight social media censorship of the vegan message with one simple action. I refuse to buy the lie. I will never stop speaking up. Will you help me fight for truth?

Ever since youtube was taken over by Google, it has, by ever increasing gradualism, been taken over by the octopus of corporations that decide not only what gets promoted, but what gets censored, with plenty of hypocrisy, as you alluded to in your video. Not only in the area of veganism, but other areas as well. I posted a video a few years ago exposing what I believe to be a false flag event, and within a week it started to go viral, and then abruptly slapped with an "age restriction" requirement (even though the content wasn't anything major corporate news stations weren't also showing), then it was taken down without explanation.

I suggest lbry and other mediums that the corporate octopus cannot easily take over.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hog
There are plenty of pro vegan sites on YouTube that aren't censored. Why is hers being singled out?
Maybe it's cuz she's basically 'brutal' truth - her approach is more direct. She doesn't sugar coat anything. But yeah, I have to wonder if Earthing Ed is experiencing this or Mic the Vegan??

Keep in mind that this was posted in 2014

Actually she posted it in 2016. And nothing has substancially changed, youtube has just got more corporate and exercised more censorship since.

Actually she posted it in 2016. And nothing has substancially changed, youtube has just got more corporate and exercised more censorship since.

hmm. meanwhile, there are like hundreds of vegan video blogs on youtube right now. Some have been there for years. So the youtube corp must be really really bad about vegan censorship.

I did read something about them censoring violence, blood, and gore. Maybe they just don't want us to post videos of slaughterhouses.

hmm. meanwhile, there are like hundreds of vegan video blogs on youtube right now. Some have been there for years. So the youtube corp must be really really bad about vegan censorship.

I did read something about them censoring violence, blood, and gore. Maybe they just don't want us to post videos of slaughterhouses.

You seem to mistake quantity for quality. I don't think vegan youtube is particularly targeted (although some vegan content has been - vegan gains has complained about it, from memory he even got his channel taken down for a while). When I type "vegan" into youtube's search engine (as having cleared my internet history, so no cookies/history), I get a mishmash of both commercial and non-commercial content. Some of it's legit, and some of it's just there because youtube promotes the channel.

Type "news" (again having history cleared). You'll get news from your locale, and it's all likely to be from corporate sources. I get Australia corporate news first, then the big US news giants (NBC, ABC, CNN) and also UK (BBC,BBC3 etc). These are also the sources one will get when any sensational event (like a terrorist attack) happens. Independent sources (especially those that question official narratives) are often stifled, first in search results and often by outright censorship. This is what happened to a video I made some years back. It went viral then was quickly age restricted then eventually deleted.

Certain subjects also yield primarily corporate owned/corporate backed results, and there are many many examples of youtubers who have complained/left because of the stifling of their content on spurious (often hypocritical as BitSizeVegans' video shows) reasons. Youtube favors corporations and corporate backed entities now, both on their home page, what comes up on search results, and what gets censored. Most youtubers joined youtube because it was an independent platform for individuals to upload their videos with a chance to get seen/noticed/have their message spread (whatever it is). If that's on a subject like motorcycle racing, youtube doesn't care, if it's on more sensitive subjects, censorship is often implemented. Not always, but frequently.

Youtube has lots of slaughterhouse videos. I watch them on a regular basis to remember why I am a vegan.

The slaughter does not bother me as much as how they lived.

I haven't noticed a general trend towards censorship. Type "vegan" in the search bar and there are no end of videos to choose from. I don't think it is because of being too direct either - view some of Joey Carbstrong's activism videos - they're pretty direct! Maybe adhering to Youtube's rules might be a thing?