Sites similar to fooducate based on vegan principles

kylefoley76

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
I think it would be a good idea if someone could come up with an algorithm which rates foods based on certain principles. I have trouble remembering all of the facts I have read in books. So it would be very useful if someone came up with some site which grades every food. I found this site fooducate.com which does just that but it seems that their principles are based on bad science. For example, they give steak a B-. Does anyone know of such a site?

I didn't know about Fooducate. I just came back from looking at it (but i didn't use it). I thought it was clever.

When I first became vegan I had an algorithm that I made up and did in my head. I used it to help decide which loaf of bread I should buy. I took fiber and added to protein and then subtracted sat fat. the higher the number the better. But to be complete I think it should also take into account total fat, calories, sodium, and cholesterol. Being vegan was a requirement. It would also be cool to factor in the number of ingredients (more points for less). and maybe even the level of processing. oh and the types of ingredients - like whether there are foods or chemicals. And maybe points for being organic, too.

But my original technique was easily carried around in my head and done on the fly.

Reactions: Emma JC