Bug signatures have disappeared

Emma JC

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
in the last bit, no one seems to have a signature?

also will the email be coming back?

ty for your hard work, Emma JC

in the last bit, no one seems to have a signature?

also will the email be coming back?

ty for your hard work, Emma JC
Hi Emma, this is a deliberate change I've made: A member's signature will only be displayed once per page in a thread. Similarly, it's only displayed once per page in a private conversation.

There are a few signatures that can be perceived as spammy or annoying, and this solution makes that less of a problem.

I don't have strong feelings about this myself, so if there are good arguments for changing it back, then I can be persuaded.

I can't really see the point of that. No one's signature has ever annoyed me and I love reading them as many are funny and inspiring and creative.

I vote for the "way it used to be".

Thanks for the explanation, Emma JC

Reactions: KLS52
Hi Emma, this is a deliberate change I've made: A member's signature will only be displayed once per page in a thread. Similarly, it's only displayed once per page in a private conversation.

There are a few signatures that can be perceived as spammy or annoying, and this solution makes that less of a problem.

I don't have strong feelings about this myself, so if there are good arguments for changing it back, then I can be persuaded.
No one's sig has ever bothered me, but some are so long that it takes up a lot of space on a page. This becomes an issue when you're reading on a mobile device, so, I'm OK with it unless there's an uproar over putting it back.

I feel like it's been this way at VV for years. I definitely remember seeing a thread about it when people first noticed it lol

I'm not bothered by people's sig when they are just a line or two. It shows up smaller and lighter anyway, so there's a clear demarcation between post and sig.

Maybe have a character limit instead? (Now remembers a time when there was, and you were asked to increase it....)
The "it's ok when there's just a line or 2" makes sense to me. It's less fun to scroll through a thread when it's a full on paragraph.

now they seem to have disappeared altogether, at least for me, on a new thread

Emma JC