Should the Arcade High Scores be Reset?

Would you be in support of doing a reset of the arcade scores for 2013?

• Yes! Give me a chance!

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • No! I'm too fond of my score!

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

FortyTwo

Custom Title
Reaction score
Hello arcade-goers! This has been brought up before, but never considered as a full possibility, but the arcade leaderboards are getting pretty crowded. Most of the high scores are from last year, and some from members that have since become inactive. So we're asking you - would you be in support of resetting the arcade leaderboards for 2013?

This isn't a definite thing - if people prove to be very fond of their scores, it's just as easy to leave them alone. It's just an idea for potentially creating more of an opening for activity.

Thanks for your input!

For what it's worth, which is not much, since I've only played two different games I think, and will almost certainly never be the high scorer on anything -

Don't reset. That makes overturning a high score (for those who manage the feat :p ) more meaningful.

For what it's worth, which is not much, since I've only played two different games I think, and will almost certainly never be the high scorer on anything -

Don't reset. That makes overturning a high score (for those who manage the feat :p ) more meaningful.

Same here.

Don't know how one manages to have 500.000x times the score of the 2nd person.

Don't know how one manages to have 500.000x times the score of the 2nd person.
Hmm, flash games run almost entirely on the users computer, so it's not like they can't be manipulated. Apparently there are tools for such things. Presumably cheats will only exist for the most popular games, though ...

I would reset the high scores on Snake and Frog Crossing, if that's possible. Otherwise, leave the high scores as is.

Someone's attached to Q*Bert... :p
If I'm being honest, I'd ask to add Q*bert to the list of scores to be erased. My high score was gotten because of a glitch in the game (the jumping snake gets stuck in Q*2004, making the game easier to play), and I think the high scores in Snake and Frog Crossing were also gotten as a result of a glitch of some kind.

Also, I don't like the idea of deleting high scores of inactive members. If you don't like that a so-called inactive member has the high score, get a higher score than them.