Should Our Doggies & Kitties Sleep In Our Beds ?

Yes, and cats, too.
asu8ety4.jpg

Answer: Yes, absolutely! I don't understand people who have pets and keep them out of their bedroom. What are they afraid of, being eaten by a hungry Fido or Fluffy at 3:00 a.m.?

Of course I understand if the animal has fleas or ticks you don't want them in your bed. But that's an easily fixable problem. I don't see any other reason.

That being said, while Misty usually sleeps in my bed with me, Sabrina prefers not to. But if she susdenly becomes a different cat and decides she wants to sleep with me, I'd be more than happy to save a spot for her. :D

I sometimes kept my door shut as a teen because our cat Peasant kept snuggling against me- I couldn't sleep with her hogging the bed. If she had just gotten in bed with me, but not crowded me, it would not have been a problem, but I had insomnia issues then to begin with (and still do). It was hard enough to concentrate in class.

But I still miss the sound of her feet late at night, and then seeing the silhouette of her head as she paused at the door, peeking in.

Reactions: KLS52
I totally shut them out of the room, on occasion, if they are being particularly disruptive. I find if I stick to the routine of playing hard with them 1/2 hour before bedtime, they will stay quiet through the night. If anyone had told me that two cats could require this much attention, I'd have said they were crazy.

Reactions: Tom L.
I have both my GSD in my bed. I have problem sleeping without them.

Now that Noomi is injured, I have put a fence around the bed so she still can sleep there. :)

Answer: Yes, absolutely! I don't understand people who have pets and keep them out of their bedroom. What are they afraid of, being eaten by a hungry Fido or Fluffy at 3:00 a.m.?
I am absolutely afraid of this!:)

I still can't figure out how two kitties can take up so much room on a queen size bed. Being strictly indoors, my cats have the run of everything. I wouldn't want them sleeping any other place and they do sleep with me every night.

I know when they were still kittens and very young (they were 3 in April) I too would have to play with them when I got home late at night to wear them out for bed. Because of coarse they had been sleeping before I got home and had tons of energy. But at midnight, I didn't!

I do that with my rats c: have to change the sheets and sweep the floor a lot more tho