Philosophy Should Batman kill the Joker?

Should Batman kill the Joker?

• Yes

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters

Second Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Think about it: The Joker is criminally insane. He's killed before, and he will kill again. If he gets locked up in Arkham, he'll eventually escape again. So killing him will save lives.

In fact, would refraining from killing him when the opportunity arises be an ethically blameworthy act of omission?

Last edited:
I voted yes because the Joker isn't the only villain running around in the Batman universe. He'd still have a purpose in life. One less villain in his life will make him breathe a little easier.

Yes, he should kill the joker. I think in one of the Nolan movies doesn't he go a step further and save him from falling off the building.

But how can we be sure that the Joker is going to continue killing people? Isn't there a small chance that with the right treatment he will regain his sanity and regret his crimes?

I voted yes just because, haha.

Batman's psychology is a mess. He totally should kill the Joker, but he never will, to the benefit of everyone who likes to read/watch/consume Batman material in any way.

No it violates batmans code of ethics and how he separates his self from criminals. The better question is why in the heck hasn't blackgate or arkham asylum executed him yet? Like do they seriously think he'll be cured, or just one day decide to stop a life of crime? I love the joker but he as penguin said "this is one sick puppy that needs putting down." in reference to the clown.