Shampoo?

Lou

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
For the last 50 years, all I have used is dandruff shampoo. When I became vegan I used either Jason's Dandruff or Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle.
But now for the first time, I am dandruff free. I don't know if its permanent or not but I thought it would be nice to try something new for a while.
I searched through the threads and couldn't find anything about shampoos. So i decided to start a new one.

What shampoo do you use? Why do you like it? Do you recommend it?

Thanks.

There are several vegan shampoos at the dollar stores. I buy cheap shampoo! They are clearly labeled "not tested on animals."

Cool. I will try my dollar store first. Any specific names you can give me?

I don't even look at brands much. I just look at labels that say no animal testing. I think Flex is one brand and VO 5 used to be and White Rain. Brands tend to change formulas a lot so always check the label!

Sauve is going cruelty free.

Dollar Tree had Salon Selectives i really liked. They're closed, but Big Lots is open 🙄 . Really I wouldn't want to go in either one, but I do need shampoo
Salon Selectives is low sulfate which I like

Reactions: Chryssie and Lou
I've tried different ones but keep returning to Fructis Grow Strong.

Update.
I went to the dollar store and bought some White Rain. A shampoo and a conditioner. both state that they are not tested on animals. Both cost me $2. I'm not sure if they are actually animal free. they have a long list of ingredients. some of the ingredients could be derived from animals. I scanned them with the app IsItVegan and it came back with a "not sure"

Update.
I went to the dollar store and bought some White Rain. A shampoo and a conditioner. both state that they are not tested on animals. Both cost me $2. I'm not sure if they are actually animal free. they have a long list of ingredients. some of the ingredients could be derived from animals. I scanned them with the app IsItVegan and it came back with a "not sure"
I have White Rain shampoo now and wasn't too sure myself. This makes me think it's a keeper!
And it seems to be a dollar everywhere!
Their own website--vegan

Reactions: Lou
I do like a hair 'serum' when it gets longer, which it is now.
I've had this tiny vial for so long I finally opened it, and its so nice! I need to find one that's cheaper and vegan,or at least not animal tested

Well before the shampoo about once a week I go and chop a stalk of our AloeVera plant ,cut it down the middle and rub it into my scalp .
leave there while I am showering and then hair wash with some Tumerick and coconut shampoo it keeps my scalp in good shape

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15