Scrapbooking / memory book / travel book etc

Mikkel

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Anyone here doing scrapbooking on some sort? Or a memory book, travel book or what you want to call it.

I've decided to do one for Rime, where I put in every single bits and parts we do togheter. Like tickets etc. I just have put in things from when I picked him up, and I'm NOT crafty or artsy or anything. And when you Google things, you only find those amazing pages that is WAY out of my hands...

So I just wonder if you do, you could show some pictures of your books? Or if you find inspiration from different places?

Most I find have been very girly, but I try to find things to decorate with that is more nature, animals, dogs, space and such things. So I got some stickers and washi tape for decoration too. But is there other things you decorate with?

Tom L.

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Strict vegetarian
I have 2 or 3 photo albums which aren't full yet; one of them is a really old one dating from the 1950s which my parents started, but when my 2 sisters and I got our own places they took out a lot of the pictures and divided them among us. I keep photos, of course, but also other things such as tickets from concerts I've gone to and places I've been, along with any notes I made.

I have mixed feelings looking through them, though, when it comes to photos of my parents and grandparents who have all passed on. I'm glad I have the pictures, but of course I'd much rather have my folks.

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
I have 2 or 3 photo albums which aren't full yet; one of them is a really old one dating from the 1950s which my parents started, but when my 2 sisters and I got our own places they took out a lot of the pictures and divided them among us. I keep photos, of course, but also other things such as tickets from concerts I've gone to and places I've been, along with any notes I made.

I have mixed feelings looking through them, though, when it comes to photos of my parents and grandparents who have all passed on. I'm glad I have the pictures, but of course I'd much rather have my folks.

That is indeed a bitter sweet feeling, when we see photos of those that are no longer with us.

Val

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I do this when travel! Not in a scrapbook though, just in journal-style notebooks. Train tickets, restaurant receipts, business cards, etc. It's a great way to easily record memories, and track places you've been! I always come back from a trip with a ziploc bag jam-packed with pieces of paper. It also came in handy last year, a friend asked about a hole-in-the-wall hotel I had stayed at during a trip to France and I was able to just check the receipt for the info!
Hi Paula!:wave: ...And :welcome:

Reactions: Paula_Gor