Same-Sex Marriage

Amy SF

Dweller in nature
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
I think this topic deserves its own thread.

From Wikipedia:

Prior to 2004, same-sex marriage was not performed in any U.S. jurisdiction. It has since been legalized in different jurisdictions through legislation, court rulings,[73] tribal council rulings,[74] and popular vote in statewide referenda.[75][76]

As of October 10, 2014, 28 states (California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Utah, Virginia, Vermont, Washington, West Virginia, and Wisconsin) and the District of Columbia issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples.

I believe restrictions have now been lifted in Idaho as well.

It will be interesting if I will see legal SSM all 50 states and D.C. in my lifetime.

My first choice would be for marriage to not have any legal implications to begin with, making relationship status irrelevant in determining what you are or are not entitled to. But as long as it does then, sure, marriage for everyone :p

Reactions: Tom L.
My first choice would be for marriage to not have any legal implications to begin with, making relationship status irrelevant in determining what you are or are not entitled to. But as long as it does then, sure, marriage for everyone :p
This.

During President Obama's first term, I once predicted on another message board (that doesn't exist anymore) that same-sex marriage will be legal in all 50 states by the end of his second term. #2Predictions1Post

Same-sex marriage has been legal in Norway since 2009. I have a couple of friends and acquaintances that have gotten married since that, both women and men. I support of cause same-sex marriage, but I'm not the biggest fan of marriage at all. My relationship status isn't anything the gouverment has anything to do with.

Since I can't have or want kids, marriage isn't an option for me. I really don't need a priest to confirm I love anyone..

Reactions: PTree15 and Amy SF
In some contries, transgender people can't change the sex official. Just live as the sex they want. I don't think a transgender man would like to think of his marriage with a woman as a gay marriage, as other have stated.

But marriage is marriage, who ever is getting married.

I can give you one example of a "same sex" marriage where the people don't identify as gay (as far as I know). Chris (Christopher) and Nini were a couple here in Nashville. They then moved to Portland, Oregon, where they bought a house together and were married. Shortly after that, Chris decided to become Christina, and is now pursuing the steps to transition to being a woman (starting with hormone therapy, eventually progressing to surgery).